25. Is that Jealousy?

Asdfghjkl...10k reads on this book, really guys? Thank you, thanks a lot.

Dedication to: @Shazuuu

Chapter 25:

"Come on Ronnie, join my gang. You're a good dancer too!" Kathy said for the hundredth time.
"Are you kidding me? I saw your performance and the level of dance you people showed on stage was beyond my imagination!" Ronnie told her.

Apparently, Kathy had managed to drag him to the small party they hosted to celebrate the end of their first international show. Of course he agreed; he had hardly fought her those weeks mainly because she was hardly around him. Both of them were busy with work. Kathy rehearsed all the time and tried to perfect her steps. Their shows went amazing. And as for Ronnie, he'd been able to catch hold of a few good interior designing companies who were ready to collaborate with La'Homme and so those meeting kept him busy. He'd attended a good 4 shows which Kathy was really excited about and he was shocked to see his 'wife’s' dance moves.
"Okay fine, I'll go with my friends...you sit here!" Kathy stamped her foot and joined her friends.
Ronnie sat on his chair and took a few sips from his drink. He looked around and saw all the people from her dance troupe, a few competitors, and some more people that he hardly knew. There was alcohol, food and loud music but no decoration just a vast empty space for these crazy dancers. There were a few people who were still competing and showing their dance moves. A few people were sitting in a corner and trying to talk; many occupied center space and were fooling around, screaming, laughing and pulling each other's legs.
"Hey sexy, are you free tonight?" he heard a voice say. He looked at the person and found a girl in some skimpy dress with her assets on display. She pouted at him and then gave him a wink. Her hands slowly and seductively massaged his biceps and made her way towards his torso. Ronnie caught her hand and looked at her. Her eyes gleamed with hope and she closed the distance between them.
Something pinched him in his chest and he felt all that wrong. Opening his eyes, he pushed away the girl and turned around.
"How dare you push me?" the girl yelled.
"Get away, I'm not interested." he said bluntly.
"You're not my type either!" the girl said and walked away. He took a few deep and steady breathes and calmed himself down. He eyes began looking around the floor and rested when her face caught his eyes. He saw her dancing and a smile cracked on his face. His body calmed down for a few seconds but then he saw something that made him mad, he felt his blood boil, his eyes stunk and his hands twitched. He got up from the seat and walked in Kathy's direction; hot air left his red nose and his teeth were gritted.

“Excuse me!” he said as he tried to suppress his anger. But when he did not get any response, he pulled the guy by his collar, away from Kathy and sent him away.

“Hey dude, relax we were only dancing like that because this was a dare. Don’t get your panties in a twist.” The guy said.

“Aww….he’s so jealous, but I find it really cute!” one of Kathy’s friends nudged her. Ronnie pulled her towards him and wrapped his hands around her waist.

“Dance with me?” he asked.

“Are you sure about it? Last time I asked you, you were pushing me away! And what was that?” Kathy asked him a little amused by his sudden protectiveness. He grabbed her hands and started swaying their bodies on the rhythm.

“Relax Mr. Shenoy, we were playing truth or dare and I chose dare. They asked me to lap dance with him. It was just a task, don’t get so worked up!” she explained when his grip got really tight on her.

“I don’t care!” he said and looked away as he loosened his grip on her. Kathy smiled at him.

“You got a real hot chick back there, why did you push her away?” she asked after a few seconds. He looked taken aback by that. Even he did not have an answer to that. But an arrogant smirk came over his face.