31. Lonavala- II

Dedicated to: @Just-Krissy

Chapter 31:

Kathy sat down on the carpet in front of their bed and switched on the television. Her eyes glued to the screen when Shahrukh Khan’s DDLJ played on one of the channel. It was weird for a girl like Kathy to sit silently when she was supposed to be yelling at the situation she was in.

“Aren’t you going to say something?” Ronnie asked, confused at her actions.

“I know you both have planned this. You both are equally responsible for ruining my plans for tonight! It’s better if I stay quiet and calm down first!” she said and started ignoring him again. Ronnie sighed but he knew that she wasn’t the wrong one here. He grabbed a few pillows, a few bottles of Coke and some snacks to eat and sat down next to Kathy. His eyes were fixed at the screen and he did not utter a single word but he kept stealing glances at Kathy occasionally. He really wanted some kind of reaction from her as dealing with silent Kathy was tougher. Her impassive attitude and monologue answers were something he was not used to. He thought of irking her and kept staring at her instead of the movie. Hey eyes were glued at the screen, her hands holding the pillow and a smile remained lips, highlighting her dimples. Her legs were folded as she sat in Indian style and she took the support of the bed for her back. She was still wearing warm clothes. Her hairs were a neatly tied but a few flicks kept falling on her eyes and his hands almost reached out to push them away from her face. Almost!

“What is it?” she yelled after a few minutes. He smiled triumphantly before answering.

“You’re awfully quiet and that is so unlike you!” he pointed. She paused the movie and turned around to face him completely.

“What do you want me to do? Should I yell at you and Vinnie for locking me in this room or ask you about what was so important that you couldn’t wait?” she asked raising her brows. Ronnie frowned at the way she talked.

“Okay fine, I’m sorry, you can leave now! I’ll tell Vinnie to open this damn door and let you go out of here!” he said, taking out his phone and finding her number.

“Oh, so you’ve exchanged numbers now?! Great! Anyways, do what you want…I don’t care!” Kathy said and played the movie. Ronnie stood up from there and called Vinnie.

“Hey Vinnie, please do me a favor and open this door…no, I don’t think she wants to stay locked up with me…please-but-listen-Vinnie!” the line went dead and he angrily stared at his phone. Vinnie wasn’t letting them runaway from one another. They’d a lot to talk about and this was the opportunity that she wouldn’t let slip. So Ronnie had no option but to sit there and wait for the sunrise. He looked over his shoulder and saw her sitting with her legs stretched and eyes glued to the screen. He turned away from her and walked out towards the balcony. He sat there with a copy of a local newspaper and a bottle of Coke.

“It’s cold outside; I think you shouldn’t sit there anymore.” Kathy came with two cups of coffee in her hands.

“I do what I want, don’t tell me what to do; am I clear?” he said, not looking at her.

“I thought you wanted to talk!” she asked, ignoring oh-so hot head.

“And I think you want to be anywhere but here.” He taunted making her roll her eyes.

“Are you really pissed because of that?” Kathy asked incredulously. He ignored her like she did some time ago.

“You can’t be serious! Come on, get over with that…tell me, what is it that you wanted to talk about!” she demanded and tried to pull the newspaper away from him. He glared at her and snatched back the paper from her.