12: Learning about each other

Chapter 12:

"Mr. Shenoy accepts that you are an old man now!" Kathy told Ronnie and he gave her a look which asked her to 'shut up' 
"I won't shut up Mr. Shenoy! Accept that you are a bore and cannot find happiness in little things like these!" Kathy pushed him once again and Ronnie gave in finally. He walked out of his car and joined Kathy. He felt the cold water falling on his body and he closed his eyes and took in all the feeling it gave him. His body relaxed and he found himself enjoying in the rainfall. His clothes were soaked in water and he spread his arms wide as if he was welcoming rains with open arms. Kathy looked at him and smiled. But of course she couldn't let him forget that she was present there too, so she cupped her hands, filled them with water and splashed it on Ronnie's face bringing him back to reality. He looked at her with wide eyes as she tried to hide her smile 

"You did not just do that!" Ronnie said. 

"Do what Mr. Shenoy?" Kathy asked him innocently. 

"You will pay for this!" Ronnie said and ran towards her, which made Kathy run too. She tried going as far from him as possible but he soon got hold of her and wrapped his arms around her waist. His fingers started tickling her and she started laughing uncontrollably. She tried to go away from him but his hold on her was firm. 

They were standing on an isolated lane. It was very dark there even though it was only 5 in the evening. The clouds thundered and lightening flashed and it was raining heavily, both of them were soaked in the rain. They were on their way to the movie theatre when it started raining and Kathy wanted to enjoy this more. Ronnie sat in his car and watched her literally dancing on the street with rain falling down so heavily. But soon, Kathy had pulled him out in the rain. It was his first experience and he liked it, it calmed him somehow. Kathy's cousin had bought 2 tickets of some romantic Hindi movie and pushed the newlyweds out of the Dutta family house even though the movie timing was 7pm. Kathy did not care that Ronnie was going to accompany her for the movie, she was excited to see the movie because it starred her favorite actor and the promos looked promising enough. 

"Mr. Shenoy, I'm so-sorry!" Kathy said as he still tickled her. He looked at her and she was red from laughing, he stopped tickling her but his hands were still around her waist, his eyes had certain warmth and he was still smiling at her. He looked so young then. 

"I like this side of you Mr. Shenoy!" Kathy said. She stared at him, her eyes jolly like always, her hairs were wet and were falling down freely now, a few strands covered her eyes and forehead. Ronnie took away his hands almost immediately, his eyes lost all the warmth and he cleared his throat. 

"I don't think you want to miss the beginning of the movie. Let's go!" his voice was flat, with no emotions and he started walking towards his car. Kathy rolled her eyes and sighed but said nothing. She walked behind him and sat on the passenger seat and Ronnie began his car. The ride was silent and they reached the theatre in a few minutes and were just on time as they saw people walking inside. They walked in and sat on their seats. Kathy's cousin had booked corner seats for them and again there was silence filled in until Ronnie felt Kathy's hand on his. He looked at her and saw that she was holding both the sides of her seat and crying, her eyes were glued at the screen. He let out a small laugh. This girl was crazy he thought. She was actually lost in the movie and her emotions changed as per every scene playing on screen. Ronnie did not really like the movie but Kathy entertained him by her behavior without her know about it! They walked out of the theatre after the movie and Ronnie saw a few people from media but he ignored them and they sat in his car. 

"Did you like the movie Mr. Shenoy?" Kathy asked him, her eyes were shinning. 

"You think so? I was bored to death!" he replied and Kathy rolled her eyes.