20: Worrying, caring and ditching

Dedication to nanncy_3215

Chapter 20:

Isn't it really weird and scary when you grow up without anyone to look after you and then one day you find someone who does that willingly, without asking for anything in return? Yeah, a person-who you know is going to leave you after a year. He did not want to get used to her company. He was fine when he was all alone; he’d accepted that and got used to being the way he was, the way his life was!
Sure, he did not have the privilege of having a happy family but he was rich enough to buy happiness or that's what he thought. But why did he suddenly feel that it wasn't something that money could buy for him? Ronnie's brain was a total mess and Kathy was to be blamed. She was the one who got all these things along with her. Why was it so difficult for her to keep her things to herself? Why did she have to have such a perfect family and friends that supported and loved her all the time? Why in the hell did she have to be this over-friendly when he was being the ultimate jerk to her? What scared him was the fact that he liked it when he could be so care free, he liked it when he loosened up a bit. He knew he was jealous of his so-called wife! But Ronnie knew better, he won't let himself fall for all these distractions! He knew that life was cruel in his 24 years life and in no ways he wanted to lose control over his life, over himself. It just wasn't him! He liked it when things were in his control; he liked it when he bossed around people because only then it gave him normalcy! He'd this unsettling feeling all through the night that did not let him sleep. But he'd made up his mind and now he was sure that nothing could stop him from being his usual self.
Next morning he woke up early, worked out like he always did, got ready for his office and left even before Kathy was awake. He grabbed a newspaper from on the way; went to a local cafe and ate his breakfast. He knew it was better than facing her; it was also better than fighting with her every day for no reason. He reached office before his now usual time and started working. This was normal; he thought to himself and lost himself in the pool of work.
Kathy got up at her usual time and ran across the room, collecting her things and arranged her bag. She took a bath and was soon ready. She made her way towards the kitchen and prepared breakfast for the two of them. Something seemed different that day, the day was eerily quiet; she looked around to see if Ronnie was coming for breakfast anytime soon but found that the gym room was empty. She checked his room and saw that his room was vacant too.
'This is strange! Where is he? He could have waked me up early!' she said to herself.
She made her way to the dining room and filled her dish with some pancakes topped with maple syrup and a glass of orange juice for her but she couldn't eat anything without the urge of throwing up so she made her way to the living room and sat there for some time thinking about last night. She was sure that she had seen tears in Ronnie's eyes and her mind was not tricking her, but she did not understand the reason behind it, no matter how hard she tried. She gave up on those thoughts after a while and made lunch for the two of them. Kathy then packed their food and left for her dance school. She decided that she would hand Ronnie his packet in the office as his office was on the way.
She was nervous going there because she had not visited that place ever since those unfortunate events took place. Walking quietly in to the office she hoped that she could just walk away without getting noticed but a few people caught her and she had to stop by and talk to them. She then knocked Ronnie's door and waited for him to let her in. Soon, she was called in.
Ronnie was busy in his files and there was a new assistant working with him. Kathy looked at that girl who looked really fine physically but seemed a little intimidated by her boss. Well, everyone was! His assistant seemed to be sitting too close to Ronnie. She cleared her throat and that finally made Ronnie looks up from his files and notice Kathy, who was already smiling at him.
"Ms. David please wait outside, I'll call you in a while!" he ordered his assistant, who gave him a smile and walked towards the door. Kathy did not miss the look 'Ms. David' gave her.
"What are you doing here?" he asked her, looking in to his files again.
"You left without telling me, and you skipped your breakfast too! Umm... I was going to my dance school and thought that I might drop by here and hand you your lunch!" she said smiling.
"You-Umm...okay, thank you! You may leave now!" he rudely replied. He really wanted to yell at her but then he decided against it.
"Are you alright Mr. Shenoy?" she asked him, sensing something different.
"Yeah. Just leave Ms. Dutta, I'm working!" he said which made her scrunch her eye brows.
"Yeah, I should leave now. I'm getting late too!" she said and left his office.
This was how the entire week passed. He would come back home late and she would be asleep by then. Kathy was sure that something was wrong with him and she had to talk to him about it but he behaved like he was staying in a Guest House and it was okay to come back home only to sleep. He did not eat at home and would work overtime.
It wasn't like Kathy had time either; she was busy with her dance practice too. She was looking forward to going for a dance performance in Dubai and that kept her really busy. But that was Kathy-emotional yet focused, sweet yet straight faced, caring yet 'to hell with him' type of a girl. She was still curious to know what was going on with him but now it was more of a 'why should I care' situation.
It worried her a little seeing how that guy worked like a machine without taking a break. At this rate, he would sure get sick but then she had to suck it up and ignore things or wait for the right time.
It was a Friday night and she knew that Ronnie couldn't escape her now. She decided that she would wait for him to come and talk to him. She set herself in front of the idiot box and kept changing channels until 'Dil Chahta Hai' caught her eye and she decided on watching that movie till the time he came back. Minutes ticked by and turned into hours, she was almost asleep but tried to stay awake. She tried calling him but Ronnie did not receive any of her calls. She got a message after a few more hours.

'I'll be away for the weekend. Bye and stop calling me now! : Ronnie.'

Kathy was fuming now. She threw her phone across the room and marched towards her own room.
'What the hell does he think of himself? Jerk, moron, creep, asshole, MCP! Urgh...I hate him, I hate that fool!'
She took a deep breath and went off to her bed. A few tears blurred her vision but she wasn't going to break down over a jerk and so she plugged in to her I-pod and got lost in music. Soon enough, her heart beats evened, her chest rose up and fell down rhythmically and her grip on the pillow loosened; signaling that she was asleep.

~    ~    ~    ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~ 

"Get me a few more shots of that!" he told the waiter and turned his attention to some girl sitting on his lap and telling him about something.
He did not listen to even half the things she said. His usual companions agreed to accompany him to their usual club side in a plush city hotel. Obviously they would, he had thought; they accompanied him since it was his treat like always!
"Hey when do we get to meet your lovely wife? We saw her with you in a few pictures in some magazines. Man, she is really fit!" one of the guys said over the loud music.
"Never!" he growled, throwing a nasty look at the guy. He did not like that guy anymore and he resisted the urge to punch him in the face.
"Hey, calm down baby! Or maybe, let me help you!" the girl told him seductively, as she got up from his lap and started pulling him towards the room area. He followed her lead.
"Ronnie! I hope you've a great night!" one of his companions wiggled his brows. He only nodded and then grabbed the girl by her waist and exited from there.
The chick had already started kissing him all over his face, his neck wildly. She began pulling him closer to her even before they got in their room. She had nearly unbuttoned his entire shirt and her hands roamed around his body.
Ronnie was drunk but he was still aware that he was a married man.
He glanced at the desperate chick in front of him and couldn't help but think about Kathy. He couldn't believe that he actually could talk to Kathy and listen to her non-sense with interest. But here he was, hardly listening to this chick and letting her kiss him.
"Argh, I don't want to think about her! I don't want her anywhere near me!" he let out a frustrated sigh.
He was now furious and he knew where to take all that out. He pulled the desperate girl in the room and was now kissing her back. Eventually, every layer of clothes were peeled off and scattered across the room. There were loud noises, moaning, screaming, pulling, and sweating. His back had many scratches which she made when she pulled him towards her. She was sore with his maddening way of pushing himself into her.
She was tired and spent. Their bodies were still entangled and their breaths heavy. She smiled at him and kissed him one last time before they both fell asleep.

Weekend passed without any signs of Ronnie. Kathy hanged out with her friends who teased her about staying away from Ronnie. She was still pissed, she was still upset, she was still worried about him and she did not want to think about it. But she couldn't really enjoy with her friends too as Monish was there with his girl friend. Seeing them looking at each other with so much love pained her. She was trying to push back the tears all the time. She faked a smile on her face all the time. She could see that her friends were really happy and enjoying each other's company. There was new love stories blooming in the circle, there were old love stories going stronger than ever, even after years. And then there was her! No matter how hard things got, she still smiled and got through all the day.
Sunday evening, she was laying on the couch in the living room and watching some movie when Ronnie came back. She got up from her sleeping position and sat properly but said nothing to him.
Ronnie also ignored her and walked in to his room and took a shower. He came back outside after the shower, to get himself a glass of water and quench his thirst.
"Mr. Shenoy, what are those marks on your back?" Kathy asked him, as she got up from the couch and looked at them closely.
'Oh yeah, I forgot to wear a shirt when she was just sitting outside! Now hate me more!' he said that to himself; half nervous, half smiling. After all, this is what he wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote, Comment, Follow, Share this story if you like it?!

Thanks for reading.

-Hemii :)