14: Goa it is!

Chapter 14:

"I'm tired of acting now! I'm tired of pretending things! I've hardly lied to my parents and see now...all I do is lie!" Kathy started talking to herself while she was packing her bags. Ronnie was done packing and was sitting in the study room, wondering about how he will spend a fortnight with his so-called wife who he did not love. It was just a contract marriage for both of them but they were getting wrapped in their own web. They were forced to act for the people they loved. It was weird for Ronnie also because he hardly thought about anyone else, he had lived his life on his own but he had become close to Kathy's family, there was some kind of pull, some kind of familiarity with this family ever since he met them. He did not have the answer to all these whys but he knew that he could not hurt these people; he respected them and did not want to let them down for some reason. Then there was Kathy who he had problems with. She was crazy, too tough to handle and he could not tame her like he did with others. There was hardly any time when he did not fight with her. Sure, she was the reason why he met those amazing people, she was the reason why he had the many firsts in his life, it was only because of her that he learnt about relations, he saw how love bonded everyone together, and he really started respecting all these things. Kathy could become his friend, he was ready to at least try once, if she did not get on his nerves that is. 

Kathy on the other hand was petrified on the thought of going on a honeymoon with him. He was attractive to her ever since she laid her eyes on him. Those brown eyes, his black dense hair that were always set in a perfect quiff, those abs that she had seen only two days back, his dusky complexion, his height, the way he carried himself  always appealed to her. She knew and accepted to herself that he was really attractive but only up till he was quiet, only up till the time he was a stranger to her. The moment she met him and got to know him, she was sure that she could never tolerate a guy like him. He always made her lose her cool, something that she was not used to, otherwise. No matter how hard she tried befriending him, he always had to act like the jerk. She always thought that her perfect guy would be someone like Monish. He was the one who had stolen her heart and she was heartbroken. She had lost her friend, her love and a part of herself with him. 

"All set?" Mrs. Shenoy asked Kathy, bringing her out of her thoughts. 

"Yeah, I'm almost done!" she replied. 

"Where is Ronnie?" her mother-in-law asked her. 

"Mr. Shenoy is in the study room!" Kathy replied. 

"Okay that's nice! If you don't mind, I just want to talk to you darling!" Mrs. Shenoy said as she sat on the bed and looked at Kathy. 

"Yeah of course we can talk, why I will mind!" Kathy smiled.

“Well, I want to inform you that umm…the weather conditions on the way towards Paris is not favorable and so we thought of booking a lavish room for you two in Goa, if that fine by you?” she asked.

“Yeah, that’s okay, in fact I love Goa!” Kathy assured her mother in law.

“That’s great! Kathy, I know you both are not at all excited about going on a honeymoon when you two are ready to kill each other! But please try, try to you know… um get him closer to you! Try to give your relation a chance at least! I know he’s tough to handle, you probably can’t even stand him even for a second but you two are married now! I want you guys to know that it is no joke…marriage is something that unites two bodies, two families, two souls and I know that you are aware of all this. I know you value relations and you respect and love your family a lot! So please if not for anyone else, try this for them?” she said and Kathy stopped packing and looked at the lady in front of her. She was the same confident, beautiful, sophisticated lady she met a while ago. She looked a little pale and unsure today. Kathy smiled at her as if that would make her more confident about all this.