Confrontation

Location: Spa

 Since the rehearsal and the private performance in Chicago, Illinois, Toni has been ignoring Babyface's calls and text messages. Toni has played his messages, but is afraid to meet up with him. What if she says something wrong? She cannot take it back.

Five days before the Grammys, LA Reid decided to have a private get together with close friends and people in the music industry. Artists from Meghan Trainor to Jennifer Hudson would be at his home mingling and eating. Toni was nervous. The party was today and Babyface would be attending the party with his new wife, Nicole. Toni and Tamar decided to spend the day together preparing for the small get together/party.

Tamar (singing): Toni's always late! Toni's always late! And I always have to wait. I might record this song and send it to you.

Toni: I'm coming. I just had to check on the boys before we left.

Tamar: Come on before we miss our appointment.

Toni: Okay. I don't know, but I feel nervous today.

Tamar: Is it because of a certain someone?

Toni looked at Tamar confused and a little worried.

Tamar: What's wrong? Did something happen to you? Did you and Keys get into another argument again?

Toni: Keys? Really Tamar, the man's name is Keri. Your former brother-in-law.

Tamar: I know Keys name.

Toni (shaking her head while laughing): You are a mess! Sometimes I worry about you. But, yes I am worried about a certain someone.

Tamar: Shut up. Who?

Toni began to bit her lip and look around trying to determine if she should tell Tamar what happened a few weeks ago during rehearsal with Babyface.

Toni: Do you remember when Keri made a scene and I had a semi-breakdown during my rehearsal with Kenny a few weeks ago?

Tamar: Do I remember? Chile, I replay it back and forth in my head everytime I see that fool. Anyway, what happened?

Toni: Well long story short, when Kenny came to talk and comfort me, we kinda kissed.

Tamar: Shut up! Was it good though.

Toni: Tamar that's not the point, Kenny is married.

Tamar: I know. To that used to be dancer... (starts snapping her fingers) um whatchma call her.

Toni: The woman name is Nicole.

Tamar: Yeah that, I was close.

Toni: And well I've been avoiding Kenny's calls since then. He'll be at the dinner tonight with Nicole.

Tamar: And?

Toni: We made out just a few weeks ago and him, his wife, and I will be in the same room.

Tamar: Oh shit! You want the man!

Toni began to walk quickly into the spa, leaving Tamar speed walking after her.

Tamar: Yes Toni THE Braxton. You betta getcho yo life and talk to that man tonight! If you don't, I will purposely put you two in a room together alone.

After a few hours of pampering, Tamar went back to her house to get ready for the dinner, and Toni went home to get dressed.

Tonight would be the night that Toni would avoid Babyface as much as she could.