Meeting the Kids

It's almost a year into their relationship and Toni decides that its time for the boys to finally meet Dave as her boyfriend. Currently, the boys only thought of and saw Dave as a friend of Toni. Toni decided to have a family barbecue cookout at her home. All the sister, Daddy, Momma Evelyn, and the kids would be there enjoying themselves. The barbecue would be in three days.

Besides Dave meeting the kids, Toni still had two-three songs that she wanted to add to her album that was supposed to be released in a few months. However, she wanted the input of a specific producer, Babyface. She had a meeting/session with him this afternoon. She scheduled an appointment with his secretary, but told the secretary to not tell Babyface that he had a session with Toni until she arrived at the studio.

Toni checked on the boys and left for the meeting.

Toni: Hopefully he agrees to help me write and produce two songs on this album.

Toni got into her car and drove to Babyface's studio.

Babyface's Studio...

Babyface: Monica! Do I have another session once I'm done with Ariana?

Monica: Yes you do.

Babyface: Okay. Let me know when the artists comes.

Monica: I will do.

Babyface: By the way, you never told me the artist's name.

Monica: Her name is Michele.

Babyface: Michele? Michel'le as in Dr Dre or somebody else?

Monica: Somebody else.

Babyface: Hmmm. I wonder who this Michele women could be.

Monica: Don't worry, you'll meet her when she comes in.

Babyface went back to his session with Ariana Grande, but was left puzzled trying to figure out who this Michele girl was.

Meanwhile... back in Toni's car.

Toni: Where the hell is the nearest parking spot! Ken has so many people parked around his studio that is just unnecessary. Now I gotta park almost two blocks away.

Toni parked her car across the street from the studio and walked. She saw Monica at her desk and waived hello.

Monica: Hey Toni! It's always nice to see you.

Toni: Hey Monica. Is Kenny in?

Monica: Yes. He is wrapping up his session with Ariana Grande. He should be done within a few minutes.

Toni: Perfect.

Monica: Would you like anything to drink while you wait.

Toni: I would love a bottle of water. This heat is no joke today!

Monica handed Toni a bottle of water and Toni waited 15 minutes before she saw Ariana leaving the studio with her assistants. Babyface stayed in the booth and called the front desk.

Babyface (on speaker): Send in Michele.

Monica: She's heading your way.

Toni laughed and high-fived Monica: Great code name. Kenny probably didn't try to think that would be me. Thanks love.

Monica: No problem. Have a good session.

Toni: I'll try.

Toni walked into the booth that Babyface was in and waited for him to turn around.