It's Our Anniversary

7 Years Later...

Toni's POV

Ken and I will be celebrating our tenth year wedding anniversary in three days. I can't believe it's been that long. Over the years, we've grown stronger not as two individually people, but as a married couple. Sure we may have our arguments here and there, but we would never go to sleep angry. Denim and Diezel are back home on break for a few weeks from college. Peyton is still in high school and will be graduating soon. Ken and I will have the house empty and to ourselves in 2 short years. If someone would've told me that my life would be like this fifteen years ago, I would have thought that they were joking. Trying to pull a fast one on me. As I write this, Ken is stirring in his sleep. He looks so handsome. Those long eyelashes casting a shadow on his cheeks. Those lips pouting. Still in love with this handsome man. As he is starting to realize that I'm up and not in his arms, but writing in my journal, I'll write some more later. Until then, love and keep loving.

Babyface woke up and reached for Toni.

Toni: Morning sleepy head.

Babyface: What were you writing?

Toni: Just a few thoughts that I had in my mind.

Babyface: You're always writing in that journal, I would love to see what's in it.

Toni: In due time. So what are you doing today besides the studio?

Babyface: I am having a lunch date with L.A. and Darryl, then I'm coming home to relax with my wife before your family comes to celebrate our wedding anniversary with us.

Toni: That's sound like heaven. Since all the kids are in the house today, we're just going to spend the day together here at home doing absolutely nothing. Just enjoy each other's company with food and some good movies.

Babyface: (kissing Toni) I would love to stay in bed with you today. God knows how long our family will be staying with us.

Toni: Well we have 20 minutes to ourselves before I have to go and pick up Towanda and Trina at the airport.

Babyface: 20 minutes won't be enough, but it will do.

Babyface smiled at Toni and pulled her towards him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and grabbed his face. Time stood still as they just whispered sweet nothing to each other. Small sweet kisses exchanged with a twinkle in their eyes. Their love floating and surrounding the bedroom like a luscious aroma.

Toni: I love you.

Babyface: I love you to the Heavens and back.

Toni: I love you till the end of time.

Babyface: Let's get ready for the day ahead of us.

Toni grabbed Babyface's hand and headed to the bathroom. Every second and minute cherished before their families came.

At the airport terminal...

Towanda and Trina had just got their luggage and were waiting on Toni and Tamar. Traci would be flying in later on tonight.

Trina: I can't believe Tone and Ken have been married for ten years!

Towanda: Right! It feels just like yesterday they were walking down the aisle.

Trina: I just love them two together. I remember when we first found out that they liked each other.

Towanda: Mmmhmm that was the day we had to hide in a damn closet because a certain someone (side eye) dropped her water bottle.