Happily Ever After

It was finally the week of Toni and Babyface's wedding. The wedding guest were already in town. Two hundred close friends and family would be watching these two get married and be united as one. The wedding's venue was scheduled at the Ritz Beach House.

Five days before the wedding...

Babyface: Tone, Bishop Jakes called and said that the rehearsal will be Saturday night around 7:00 pm.

Toni: That means everyone in the wedding party should be there by 6:45 pm. No later, I want rehearsal to be perfect.

Tamar: We are always on time. It's you that loves to make a grand LATE entrance twenty minutes later.

Trina: Yeah, we're always waiting on you, Ms. Diva.

Toni: That is not true. I'm always on time.

Tamar: Lies from pit of the Devil's stomach!

Traci: Name one time you were on time.

Toni began to think and it took her awhile to try and figure out when she was on time.

Toni: When I scheduled the sister time dinner last week.

Towanda: That's because you scheduled it last minute. You called us about the dinner while you were on you your way to the restaurant!

Toni: But the point was that I was on time.

Tamar (singing): Toni's barely on time. Toni's barely on time.

Trina (singing): Sing it again ya'll.

The sisters (singing): Toni's barely on time. Toni's barely on time.

Tamar (singing): Toni's always late.

Babyface: They have a point Tone.

Toni: You're not supposed to agree with them Ken!

Babyface (laughing): Why not?!

Toni: You're supposed to side with your wife on this.

Towanda: Yeah, cause ya'll both always late together for family gatherings.

Tamar: And the winner for the late couple goes to.... Kenneth "Babyface" and Toni Braxton-Edmonds. Let's give it up for the lovely couple!

Trina: Yassss.

Babyface: Well at least we're always late for a good reason.

Traci: And what's that.

Toni: I think we should change the subject on this one! Look at the flowers Jazmine sent me.

Tamar: Nah, let the man finish. Why ya'll always late together?

Babyface walked behind Toni and whispered in her ear. She began to bite her lip and blush.

Traci: Tell us. We already know why, but I wanna hear from ya'll lips.

Toni (stuttering): Um...um...we-we usually have to uh check on Peyton and the boys.

As Toni continued to talk Babyface placed his hands on her waist and kissed behind her ear.

Babyface (whispering in her ear): Blaming the kids?

Toni: Like Denim uh...mmmm.

Babyface (in her ear): Continue.

The sisters watched as Toni could barely continue or complete a sentence. Her breathing was labored, eyes were closed, and mind was far from the living room couch speaking to the them.

Tamar: She is just lusting in front of us. Look at her.

Trina: Tone! Face! Hello!

Towanda: And they are gone, into their own little world.