The Wedding

3 ½ months later...

It was finally the week of the wedding. Last minute details were being into place. Tamar was in charge of Toni's bachelorette party. And the final engagement dinner would be at Craig's restaurant with only the wedding party. Toni and Babyface have barely spoken to each other, but the boys have been spending some time with him and Peyton. Keri has tagged along with them every now and then. Dave has been temporarily living in a home that he rented in the same private community as Toni. The sisters and the rest of the family are in town and staying at both Toni's and Tamar's houses.

At Tamar's House...

Michael Sr.: The heat here isn't too bad. It's going to be a beautiful day at your wedding baby.

Toni: I hope so. The weatherman said that there should be no rain or any storms.

Momma Evelyn: Do you have everything set?

Toni: I just have to go to my final fitting, receive my shoes from Marc, and double check the guest list.

Tamar: Everything should be good to go.

Traci: Have any cold feet or jitters yet?

Toni: Surprisingly no! I feel calm, I don't know if that's a bad thing.

Tamar (mumbling): That usually a bad thing.

Toni: What you said Monster?

Tamar: I said I need some more sugar! This tea is not ready yet.

The adults were watching the kids play.

Momma Evelyn: By this time next week, you'll already be Mrs. Dave MaCarabow.

Towanda: But Toni's still keeping her name.

Toni: I might hyphenate it.

Michael Sr.: Just do whatever makes you happy.

Toni: Thank you daddy, I am.

Everyone continued enjoying each other's company until it was time for Toni and the boys to go home. On the way to the car, Denim asked Toni a question that she honestly did not know the answer to.

Denim: Is Uncle Kenny coming to your wedding?

Toni: I hope so.

The day quickly passed. Tomorrow, Toni would be going to pick up her dress with Momma Evelyn and the sisters.

The next day at the bridal shop...

It was mid-afternoon and Toni arrived with half of her bridal shower. The sisters had to pick up their bridesmaid dresses as well. Brooke, the flower girl, had to have her dress taken in and longer. Toni could not decide who she wanted as her maid of honor, so all of the sisters were maids of honor.

Jennifer: Hello ladies, nice to see you all again.

Tamar: Hey Jen!

Jennifer: Are you ready for your big day Toni?

Toni: A little nervous, but ready. I hope the dress fits in all the right places.

Towanda: It should. You have us on this only-liquid diet since last month.

Toni: We all needed to lose at least ten pounds.

Tamar: No not she, she's alright. A little more beat today, but put together.

Jennifer: Well, let's head to the back and you all can try on your dresses. You guys look amazing today.

Trina: Well thank you!