The Meeting/Conversation

Warning: Might be a tear-jerker. Also, a few curse words here and there.

Content: Mature (PG-13)

Around noon Toni received a text from Babyface to meet him at a private and secluded beach on the opposite side of Los Angeles at two o'clock. It would take almost an hour and fifteen minutes just to get to the beach.

All of sudden, Toni's stomach began to churn. She had a bad feeling about this meeting. Toni grabbed her phone and cars keys and left her home.

On the drive to the beach, Toni wondered if she should text any of her sisters and tell them where she was heading and why.

Toni: Should I? Maybe I should text Tamar. Nah. She'll want to come with me.

Toni put some music on to soothe her mind and drove to the beach and arrived in no time. She parked her car and could see that Babyface was already, his car parked next to hers. Toni then said a silent prayer and began to walk towards Babyface. He was walking along the line of the ocean looking as handsome as ever. Toni walked closer to Babyface, but left a nice amount of space between him and herself.

Toni: Hey Kenny.

Babyface looked towards Toni and began to walk towards Toni, but she said something that stopped him right in his tracks.

Toni: I think its best if we keep a safe distance between us to talk. I want to be able to say everything that I have on my mind out loud to you.

Babyface: I agree and I understand.

Toni: So please explain to me why we are here.

Babyface: We are here to talk about what has happened between us over the past couple of months. We are bestfriends that went beyond certain boundaries.

Toni: Do you regret going beyond those boundaries Ken?

Babyface: That's not what I'm saying. I'm trying to put the pieces together in both my mind and heart trying to understand where we went wrong. Where we steered off the roads of a platonic friendship.

Toni's heart began to tear.

Toni: Where we went wrong? You're speaking like what we did was a horrible mistake. A regret!

Babyface: No not all Tone! Listen I-

Toni (laughing while the tears began to stroll down her eyes): We've been friends for almost twenty-five years. When I first met you I was smitten. Smitten! Everything you did made me like you even more. Then I found out you were with Traci! And (wiping away the tears) and I told myself that I should move on you know. (Talking to herself) " You can't be silly Toni. He wouldn't leave his fiancée for someone, an artist, he just signed." So that's exactly what I did, I moved on.

Babyface: Toni I-

Toni: No! Let me finish! I moved on. I met a man and fell head over heels  in love with him Ken. A man who understood me just like you did, but was willing to love me like I needed to be loved! Then as time went on, we had kids, I had financial issues, fell ill, sick, and our marriage became strained. By that time (laughing), you were already single and dating another damn dancer, Nicole, and just had Peyton.

You know Keri, during our separation, knew that I had strong feelings for you, but didn't say anything. He would try so hard to avoid you when I had to record and write my albums. He would say, "We don't need Kenny for you to win a Grammy" and I would just laugh it off. Then when I realized I was finally divorced, you were married again and my heart broke.