Back Together Again

Location: Toni's House

Today was finally the day that Toni and Babyface would finally sit down in Toni's home since seeing each other face to face at his wedding anniversary party. The sisters decided to fly in to California to spend some sister time with Toni again this week. Toni called Babyface to see if he was still at the studio so that they could talk.

Babyface: Hello.

Toni: Hey are you still at the studio?

Babyface: No. I'm actually on the way to your house.

Toni: How far are you Ken?

Babyface: About 5-10 mins away.

Toni: Okay. I'll be waiting.

Toni hung up her phone and the sisters walked into the kitchen.

Towanda: Who was that on the phone?

Toni: Kenny.

Trina: You guys are finally going to talk!

Toni: Yes.

Traci: Then go and get ready to go and meet with him.

Toni: He decided to come here and talk.

Tamar: Yes! We get to listen in.

Towanda: Ha! She took the words out of my mouth.

Traci: I promise we'll be quiet, you won't even hear us.

Trina: Yes, as quiet as a mouse.

Tamar: Let's get a few snacks and go hide before he see us.

Toni: Remember, no talking or eating loudly. We are going to have a serious conversation.

Towanda: We promise, cross our heart.

Traci: Girl scouts honor.

Tamar: Since when were you a girl scout Traci?

Traci: Since never. I heard it on tv.

Toni: We go pray for Traci. Oh shoot! I think I just heard his car pull up. Go and hide!

The sisters quickly hurried and went into the next room, leaving Toni to answer the door. Babyface was dressed casually in dark navy blue jeans and a t-shirt. Normal to the average eye, but handsome to Toni.

Toni: Hey Ken, come on in.

Babyface: Hey Tone.

The two walked into the living room and had a seat in the middle of the large sofa.

Babyface: So how are you today?

Toni: I'm great, great. The boys are with Keri for the weekend.

Babyface: Relaxation at its finest.

Toni (laughing): Yes. Ken, I wanted us to talk about everything that has happened between us again. I know the last time was just a mess, but I want a re-do.

Babyface: Okay.

Toni: What has happened between us happened. I do not regret that it did happen, but I do regret that it happened the way it did. If that makes sense.

Babyface: So you don't regret what happened between us, you just regret that it happened when you were vulnerable?

Toni: Exactly.

Babyface: But where do we go from here? With our feelings?

Toni: I know we still share mutual strong feelings between each other. But we shouldn't act upon them at all. You are married and I am freshly divorced.