The Good News

I was sitting in my New York apartment looking out on the sun rise rising above the snowy Empire State Building when my phone rang.
"Hello" I said confused about who would call at 7:00 in the morning
"Hello is this Dr Derek Shepherd" the man asked
"Yes it is who is this" I asked
"My name is Dr Richard Webber I am the chief of surgery at Seattle Grace Mercy West hospital and I am retiring tomorrow and I am offering you a job"
"Yes thank you I was looking for a job outside New York and Mark Sloan has been like a brother to me since kindergarten so I have someone I know to show me around thanks"
"Yes Dr Sloan is a very talented doctor and would you be able to come and introduce yourself tomorrow"
"Yes I don't return to work until next week so I'll hand in my resignation later and I'll hop on a plane so I'll see you tomorrow"
"See you tomorrow Derek"
10:30 PM IN SEATTLE (MEREDITH'S POV)
"Dr Webber you paged" I said walking in
"Yes Dr Grey I need to tell you something so take a seat" he said pointing to the seat
"What is it sir"
"Well I'm retiring tomorrow and there will be a new chief coming in from New York and it may be a bit hard because Dr Nelson quit this morning due to medical issues and the only neurosurgeons that work here at the moment is you but the new chief is a neurosurgeon so you will be the head of neurosurgery congratulations you've just been promoted and here's your new lab coat and if you don't mind would you be able to show Dr Shepherd around tomorrow"
"Yes sure sir I'll see you tomorrow and sir thank you"
"Your welcome"
10 MINS LATER
"Hey what you guys doing" I asked walking up to the group of doctors
"We're talking about Dr Webber retiring do you know anything about the new chief" Christina asked
"Yea I do but I'm not telling you" I said just before I realised that my shift was over.
💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉
Hey guys this is going to be my new story because I will be ending my we're doctors series for a while to focus on this, my dark and twisty love story along with my ER Greys story.
I have a lot of plans for this and I think there really good so stay tuned for the new chapters.
Stay classy
Abbie