Matching up

It's the 30th of December and myself and Meredith are going to my cousins wedding and we decided to take Lori as we wanted to try and get her to meet someone.
"Honey could you pass me my stick" I asked trying to make my way to her. As I was walking towards her I felt a sharp pain up my leg which made me stumble into the wall.
"Honey what's wrong?" She asked helping me
"Nothing it's ok all I need is my stick" I replied grabbing it
"No you go and put your brace on and I'll give you your stick"
I headed towards the cupboard and grabbed my brace and strapped it on my leg just before we left to go to the wedding.
"Honey this is way too tight" I said playing with my bow tie
"Will you stop fiddling with it your like a child" Meredith said fixing it
"I am aware of this" I replied kissing her cheek
"So Mer how annoyed at Derek are you?" Lori asked
"Very he had to go and hurt his leg again so we can't dance" she replied
"Aww I'm so sorry babe you know how much I love dancing with you" I said moving closer to her in the back of the car and putting my hand on her thigh.
"It's ok honey we've got the rest of our lives to dance" she replied kissing my cheek.
After the wedding we headed towards the hall that the reception was being held at. When we got inside it was all beautifully decorated and colourful.
We sat down for a meal and after the dancing started.
"Lori this is Peter we play baseball together Peter this is Lori she is one of my longest friends...Meredith can I talk to you" I asked leaving Peter and Lori
"Yea sure" she said grabbing my hand as I led her towards the dance floor
"What are you doing?" She asked
"This song is dedicated to a Mr and Mrs Shepherd who have been through a lot together so if everyone could show a little love and join them on the dance floor" the DJ said as I pulled her close.
We started to dance to the song we first danced to while we were dating "Darlin" by The Beach Boys.
"I love you Derek" she said laughing as we danced
"I love you too even if I'm in so much pain" I laughed back.
As it got to the middle of the night Lori and Peter were getting cosy together and it was time for the first dance for the bride and groom. The picked "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. Half way through the song we got up and joined them.
It was the end of the night and I had to be the one to help Meredith to the car as she had to much to drink and as we waited for Lori to drive us home I started to feel the pain again and it was worse than what I had earlier on.
"Lori if you don't mind could you hurry up I need to go see Callie the pains back." I said as she kissed Peter goodnight and jumped in the car. As we drove off I looked over to see Meredith asleep on my shoulder.