Valentines day (pt 1)

(Time jump)
"Derek where are you" I said walking through the house and Derek being no where to be seen except two plates sitting on the table.
After sitting for a moment I decided to go check outside and that's where I found him throwing rocks at a deep puddle in the garden.
"Hey you what are you doing out here and where's Chris" I asked
"hey he's still asleep I just can't believe he's growing up so quick. When you were at work yesterday he threw a ball at me and I went to pick it up and couldn't so I ended up having to sit down and I shouldn't have to do that" he said looking upset so I put my arm round his back.
"Derek everything is ok you just need to give your leg time to heal it should only be another month" I replied
"Exactly another month of feeling old and not being able to do things on my own" he said as his phone slipped off his lap.
"Ahhhhh" he shouted throwing his cane across the yard then limping towards the house stumbling a bit on the way.
I went and collected his cane and walked back in where I saw him zipping his coat up.
"Derek where are you going" I asked annoyed
"I'm going to see Callie she will help me with this because I've had enough" he replied walking over and taking his cane before kissing my cheek.
I decided to walk him to the car.
"Happy Valentine's Day Derek I love you drive safe and not to much pressure on that leg" I said closing the car door
"Happy Valentine's Day babe I'll see you later when you come to the hospital" he said planting a kiss on my lips then driving off.
Derek's POV
I was on the mud road when my phone rang it was Callie.
"Hey how did it go" she asked
"She was none the wiser I'll be there in 10" I replied hanging up.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
What do you think Derek's up to for Valentines Day???
If you want to see Merder in a different situation go read my new story which is a mix between teachers and doctors (Derek is an Anatomy teacher and Meredith is a neurosurgeon)
There will also be characters from my original story.

Stay magical
Abbie xx