I have something to tell you

I spent the whole night out on the front porch just watching the night go by thinking about my new found son.
"Two? Why did she wait 2 years to tell me the kids almost 3 for goodness sakes, why?" I thought to myself as I imagined what if I had stayed in Scotland with Emma and what if I raised that child from the start.
It got so far into the night that I saw that the sun had started to rise and I could hear Daniel getting his keys to go to work. I heard the door open and close and saw Dan walk straight by me and head towards his car.
"Early start is it not?" I said making him jump and drop his bag
"Dude what the hell!" He replied whispering "what are you doing out here?"
"I've been out here the whole night thinking about my 3 kids"
"3? Dude you have 2" he said sitting down in front of me
"No Emma wrote to me and told me that she found out she was pregnant after I left so I have Chris, Alex and Charlie my 2 year old son"
"What did Mer say?" He asked
"I haven't told her yet but I'm going to go do it right now so if she kills me it will be at my favourite time of day" I laughed as I went inside
I walked towards the bedroom and went in to see Meredith sleeping soundly.
"Meredith honey" I whispered jumping in beside her as she stirred.
"Yea" she replied turning to face me
"I have something to tell you"
"Go ahead" she said sitting up
"I got a letter last night saying that I have another child. His name is Charles and he's 2 years old. Oh and his mother is Emma" I rambled quickly "she asked if I wanted anything to do with him"
"And do you?" She asked staring at me
"Well I wanted to know what you think"
"Derek do you want anything to do with your son?" She said seriously
"Yes I do I really do I see what we have with our two and I've always wanted a big family of my own and even though the kid isn't mine and yours but he can just as much your as mine" I said as she pulled me into a hug
"Derek I'm glad I couldn't let you just leave the poor kid alone without a father...call her and arrange a meeting"
"Why are you just so perfect?" I asked pulling away from the hug
"It's all through my love for you" she said kissing me then pulling me into another hug...

Hey there folks sorry for being away for so long, I have exams coming up soon so updates may be a bit absent.
Just a little update that the next 2 chapters of my friends story keep hold of my heart is up and she would greatly appreciate all you lovely people to go and check it out as it becomes so exciting and intense that you might not want to stop reading!!!!