Do you remember?

5 months later
It was 4 AM and I could here rustling coming from the bathroom. I got up and walked over to find Meredith fully dressed fixing her hair.
"Honey what are you doing its 4 AM?" I asked sitting on the side of the bath
"I was paged into the hospital by Lori" she said finishing up her hair
"Ok but can you be a bit quieter next time some of us don't need to be at work today" I replied getting up
"Well you sort of do you have the check up with Callie today" she said laughing as she walked out the bathroom and picked up her purse
"Not funny, I'll see you later" I said before kissing her
"Love you"
"Love you too" I replied watching her walk out the door before throwing myself into the middle of the bed.
3:05 PM
I was walking into the hospital after dropping off the kids at Marks and headed to go find Meredith and Callie.
I searched the floors they would be and they weren't so I went to the nurses station where Lexie was standing.
"Lex where's Mer and Torres?" I asked
"They are in OR 4 with the trauma that came in this morning" she replied
"Ok thanks Lex" I said before heading off to tell them I was here.
I took the long walk to the OR and in my head I could run down the bad things that could happen today but I had run out of time.
I entered the OR and saw Lori, Mer and Callie.
"Afternoon ladies" I said grabbing their attention
"Hey" they all replied
"Callie you going to be long?" I asked
"No if you go to my office and have Nurse Dana take your blood I'll be and hour maybe less" she replied.
"I'll walk you up I'm done here" Lori said
"Ok I'll see you later Mer I love you"
"Love you too Shep" she replied
When me and Lori were walking up to the Ortho floor we talked about high school and ended up talking about our prom night.
Prom Night
I got out of my car and walked over to Mark and Lori we had came as the three of us together.
"Well Mr Shephered you really do scrub up well" Mrs Derman said straightening my tie
Later on in the night we were all dancing together and I felt a connection with Lori. We both went outside and left Mark dancing with Miss Atchikson.
When we got up the path near the woods Lori grabbed me and pulled me in for a kiss.
"I can't do this" I said pushing her away
"I know I don't know why I did that it's Mark that I like" she said sitting down
I picked her up and took her hand.
"Cmon there's no point sitting here lets go in and dance."
End of flashback
"Yea well we're all grown ups now like cmon you have a wife and kids and I have a cat" she said laughing
"Well it's a very grown up thing having a cat" I laughed.
We sat and laughed for the next forty five minutes laughing and joking even when the nurse was taking my blood. Eventually Callie and Mer came in.
"Hi sweetie" she said coming over and kissing my cheek before sitting next to me.
"I'll go" Lori said getting up
"No stay" Mer said grabbing her arm
"Ok but I'll stand over here" she replied standing my the door.
"Right Derek we have 2 things to talk about" Callie said and I nodded to her.
"One the cancer did not spread so that's an extremely good thing and two unfortunately the cancer in your leg is back and it is much bigger I'm sorry" she said knocking the wind out of me.
After a couple of minutes of Callie explaining I heard Lori leave the room. It looks like the holiday is now over.....