Chapter 25

Matt's POV

"I do still love you." She answered quietly . "Just not like I used to though its more like a best friend love." She told me. "I'm perfectly fine with that." I smiled.

"Can you please tell me what happened now?" She asked me and I sighed. "I was doing some things that I knew that I shouldn't have been doing." I told her. "What did you do?" She asked. "I did a delivery for this guy and-" I started. "A drug delivery?" She asked and I nodded. "Continue." She said pacing back and forth.

I realized that she tends to pace back and forth when she's either scared, angry, or nervous. I have no idea which one she's feeling now but there could be a good chance she's feeling all of them. "When I made the delivery it turns out the guy gave me fake drugs so the other people and there crew jumped me." I explained.

"What were you doing selling drugs anyway?" She asked angrily. "I dont have anyone anymore Faith. I have to be able to provide for myself." I said quietly. "You hang out with people like Kendall and Justin, they could have helped you." She pointed out. "Kendall isn't my friend, she might think she is but she's not." I told her truthfully.

"Well then Justin would have been there for you." She said. "I know, but I already ask him for a lot." I said shaking my head. "What happened to your uncle?" She asked. "He died the summer I tried to come back to you." I sighed." Have you been on your own ever since?" She asked frowning and I nodded.

"Where do you live now?" She asked curiously. "In my car." I whispered. "Matthew why didn't you tell me?" She asked in a hurt tone. "Because you said you wanted nothing to do with me." I told her. "You know I don't mean the things I say." She sighed.

"I didn't deserve your help anyway." I said shaking my head. "Your my best friend, so whether you like it or not I'm helping you now." She told me with a serious face. "Faith you don't have to help me, I will be fine." I tried convincing her.

"Your not fine right now Matthew." She pointed out. "I just messed up this time, I wasn't paying attention." I told her. "Your way more stubborn then what I remember." She scoffed and I remained silent because I knew she was right.

"What were you doing at my house anyway?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "After I got jumped, I used my last bit of energy to get somewhere safe." I started. "I had no idea where to go, but then I realized you were always the person I would run to whenever I was hurt." I told her.

"I needed to see you because I wanted you to be the last person I seen if I died because you are the most important person in my life." I told her. "You weren't home so I waited for you. I became weaker and weaker, I couldn't walk so I just layed on the ground and waited for you." I said and she started crying. "Please don't cry you know I hate it when you cry." I frowned wiping her tears away.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered. "Don't be sorry, I shouldn't have been doing what I was doing then maybe we wouldn't be here." I said softly. "But if I would have been there sooner you wouldn't have made it." She said sniffling. "I know, and thats why I'm very grateful for you and Cameron." I said grabbing her hand.

"I have food!" Cameron exclaimed in a girly voice walking in the room with a whole bunch of McDonald's bags. I hurried up and released Faith's hand because I didn't want him to think I was trying to make a move on her.

"I brought you food because I know that you probably don't want hospital food." He told me making a digusted face and handing me a bag of food. "Thanks I really appreciate it." I said giving him a small smile. "What did you bring me?" Faith asked happily.

"Nothing, because I'm still mad at you." He said glaring at her. "I said I was sorry." Faith whined. "What did she do?" I asked letting out a light chuckle. "I told him he pissed me off 24/7 and he got offended so now he's being mean to me." She pouted. "You have to learn to be nice." He told her.