Teaching Castiel

Castiel X Reader

Synopsis: You were hunting with the Winchester's while crushing on their Angel friend Castiel. During one hunt, he's your partner, and things turn south.

Hanging your coat up in the tiny little motel room, you told Sam and Dean your news. "There was another body found today. Multiple cuts and gashes all over her body. Morgue thinks she died from blood loss. I'm pretty sure she was a hunter. She had this on." You showed them a bracelet with the anti possession symbol on it.

Just then you heard a fluttering of wings, and turned to see Castiel, the Angel, behind you. Rushing over, you threw your arms around him, giving him a one sided hug. It was awkward at first, but then he understood what you were doing, and tightly wrapped his arms around you in return.

"Cas it's been a long time. What have you been up to?" Dean asked, and you broke off the hug, letting him turn his attention to Sam and Dean. You liked Cas, and had for a while. Ever since you had started hunting with the boys. It was a secret, yours that you hadn't even shared with your friend Dean.  However, Castiel was so socially awkward, you weren't sure if he even realized it, or knew what a crush was.

"I've been working hard, trying to get back into Heaven. However, I had a strong urge to come here with you, and help on this hunt." He announced to Dean as you sat down on one of the beds. You stared at Cas while you listened to the brothers bring Cas up to speed on the hunt, caught in your own little world. You were busy taking in the bright blue hue of his eyes, the way he had little crinkles on the side of them. The way his hair stood on end, as if he had no clue he was supposed to brush it.

"Earth to Y/N, did you hear what I just said?" Sam asked you, smiling. He knew about your thing for Cas, and had urged you many times to tell the Angel about your feelings. However, since you knew your feelings wouldn't be returned, you kept them to yourself. 

"Sorry I zoned out," You answered, blushing slightly at being caught checking the angel out.

Dean quickly got you back up to speed. "It's Demons. It has to be. Cas is going to check the town out, and find them. As soon as he does, we will all head in, and gank those suckers before they even know we're coming."

Cas vanished without another word, but wasn't gone more than 5 minutes before he landed next to the bed. "I've found them. They are in a house about an hour from here, in the country. I could fly ahead and meet you there."

"Nah, why don't you ride with us, that backseat gets awful lonely for poor Y/N." Dean teased, but the subtle hint went straight over Castiel's head.

"Of course I can ride, I love Y/N's company." Cas replied, staring at you with his vibrant blue eyes, causing you to blush again, like a schoolgirl.

Gathering all of your items, the four of you settled into the Impala. Dean started the hour drive while you sat there quietly, feeling awkward. You were sitting as far away from Cas as possible, feeling unsure about your feelings.  Cas surprised you by noticing your awkwardness, "Are you alright Y/N? Nervous about the hunt?"

You saw Dean smile in the rear view mirror before saying, "Yeah, she gets nervous before hunts, likes to have her hand held."

You could have kicked Dean. In your mind you were thinking of multiple ways to get back at Dean, but they were quickly replaced by butterflies in your stomach as Cas took your hand in his own. His hand was warm, bigger than your own, rough with calluses. That one small gesture made you fall even more head over heels in love, and you promised yourself that you would finally explain your feelings to Cas after the hunt.

All too quickly, Dean was stopping the Impala in front of a  wheat field. "The house is on the other side of this field" Cas explained. Getting out of the Impala, you met Dean at the trunk, where he was handing out weapons.

"Sam and I will take the back entrance, Y/N, I want you with Cas. You two will take the front. There should only be one or two Demons, should be easy."

You watch as the brothers take off, staying close to the field. Giving them a minute head start, you and Cas followed them. Stepping quietly up on the porch, you pushed the door open, and glanced inside. The front room was empty, and you walked inside with Cas following right behind you.

Glancing in all the corners of the empty room, you quickly moved onto the kitchen, where you were supposed to meet Sam and Dean. Before you could enter the room you heard the sounds of a fight. Racing to help them, you were shocked to see them battling at least four Demons. They were quickly being overtaken, and you didn't want to wait and take the chance of one being hurt.Without scoping the area out first, you rushed in, coming to a quick halt when a hand reached out and grasped your arm.

"Well what do we have here? Thank you for bringing us such a pretty treat," The Demon taunted, holding you tight to his chest, your lean build no match for his burly one.

"Let her go!" You heard Cas say from the doorway. Your heart broke when you noticed he was being held by two Demons, his angel blade laying on the floor in front of him.

"But I don't want to." The Demon teased, staring straight at Cas. " I'd much rather do this," he growled, before plunging the knife he held, straight into your stomach. You gasped as the pain, white hot and intense spread through your body, your body going tense in shock. Laughing, the Demon let go of you, and you fell to your knees, holding your hand to the wound, watching as blood seeped out around your fingers.

Cas let out a deep growl, surprising the two demons. Throwing them off, he grabbed his Angel blade and slammed it into the skull of the first one, before throwing it and embedding it into the chest of the other. The surprise was all the brothers needed, quickly killing the demons they were fighting. Cas punched the demon who stabbed you, before shoving his Angel blade through his throat, his face a mask of fury. He then ran to you, falling to his knees, and cradling your head gently in his lap. You tried to talk, the words garbled by the blood spilling from your mouth.

Cas knew his grace was weak, but still, he placed his hand over your wound, trying to heal you. Tears gathered in his eyes when he realized it wouldn't work, that he wasn't strong enough.

Summoning up the strength to speak spit out the blood blocking your words. "Cas, there's something I need to say."

"Shush Y/N, it's alright. We will get you out of here, Sam will stitch you up, then you can tell me." Cas answered, but both of you knew the truth. That you wouldn't be leaving this house alive.

"I'm dying Cas. We both know that. But you need to know that I love you." You stutter, as the pain from the wound turning to numbness. Your vision started clouding, and you knew your time on earth was coming to an end. And it scared you. To know that you would never have the chance to try to have a relationship with Castiel. 

Tears started leaking out of his eyes, as he saw that you were almost gone. "I never knew what love was. But Y/ N, you taught me. With all your little touches, your smiles, you taught me what love is. I want you to know I've noticed, I always have, and I am deeply touched that you would share that with me. He cried, watching as your eyes slowly glazed over. As you took your last painful breath, you heard him whisper against your ear, his words leaving a smile on your face. "I love you."