Thanksgiving Surprise

Sam Winchester x Reader, Cas x Reader (friendship)
Synopsis: Sam and Dean are gone on a hunt, and you decide to surprise them with a thanksgiving feast when they return. You get a surprise helper.

You watched as Sam and Dean, threw their duffel bags in the trunk of the Impala, before they turned towards you. You were standing there, your arms crossed, torn in two. In a way you understood why they weren't allowing you on this hunt, but on the other hand you knew you were healed enough that it would have been okay.

Dean came over to you, patting you on the shoulder. "Keep the place tip top, will ya Y/N? No parties or anything, got it?" Dean joked, before climbing into the drivers seat of the Impala.

After his brother had climbed into the car, Sam came over, wrapping you in his arms. You gratefully leaned into his embrace, wishing he didn't have to go.

Leaning down he placed a sweet, lingering kiss on your lips, before pressing his forehead against yours. "Don't worry, it's a simple salt and burn. Dean and I should be back tomorrow. Y/N, promise me you will take it easy and relax, you're still recovering from the last hunt."

You nodded your head, and Sam stepped away, joining Dean in the Impala. As Baby pulled out of the garage, Sam waved at you. You watched until the red tail lights had disappeared, before making your way back into the bunker. You loved the bunker, but without the boisterous men, it seemed too quiet, more like a tomb than a home.

_____________________________

You spent the rest of the day bored out of your mind. The bunker was spotless, you were caught up on all your favorite shows, and you had just finished your last book.

"What to do now?" You mumbled to yourself.

"Y/N, why are you talking to yourself?" A deep voice asked behind you, and you jumped in shock, dropping your book in the process.
"Damn it Cas, you scared me!" You said, placing your hand over your fast beating heart.

"My apologies, Y/N, I just came to see how you were faring. Are you feeling better?"

As you put your book away, you came up with a plan for the time until your boyfriend and his brother returned. "Yeah Cas, I'm feeling much better. Hey, can you help me with something?"

Cas nodded, not knowing what he was getting himself into it. "Of course, whatever you need."

As you hurried to your room, you yelled behind you. "Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I want to have a feast ready for when Sam and Dean return."

Within minutes you were back in the bunkers library, a coat on and money in your pocket. Cas was still standing where you had left him. "I know of this Thanksgiving. How can I help?"

"Can you take me to the store, so we can get supplies?"

Nodding, Cas placed his hand on you, and when you opened your eyes, you noticed you were now in the local grocery store. Grabbing a shopping cart, you put Cas in charge of it, as you started grabbing items. Cas followed behind, not saying a word as you put a turkey, stuffing mix, potatoes, apples, and anything else you could think of in the cart.

"Okay, I think I got everything. " You told Cas, staring into the cart to make sure. Cas took you at your word, and before you knew it, you, Cas and the cart full of food were back at the bunker.

"Um Cas, thanks but we should have paid for the food." You told him.

Cas shook his head, upset that he could have forgotten such a simple gesture. "Of course, how could I have been so stupid."