Rocking Your World Part 3

You followed him to the Impala, where Sam was waiting. Sliding into the backseat, you winced as your battered body moved into a seated position. The drive to Dave's apartment was quick, with little traffic you were parking in front of it in less than fifteen minutes. Stepping out of the car, Dean glanced at you, noticing how gingerly you were climbing out of your seat.

"You know you don't have to do this. Stay here, and let us handle it." Dean told you again, and while you were grateful for his concern, you needed to finish this.

"No, I need to." You told him adamantly. He nodded, not prodding you again. Instead he handed you a flask.

"What do I need a flask for? Am I going to give him a drink?" You joked, but you weren't sure why a flask would come in handy.

"It's not liquor, it's holy water. If he truly is a Demon, it will burn him." Sam told you, before handing you a container of what suspiciously looked like salt.

"Why salt?" You wondered.

"As soon as we get inside, I want you to put a circle of salt around you, and I want you to stay in that circle. No matter what happens." Dean told you, shutting the trunk of the Impala. Nodding, you followed behind Dean, while Sam stayed behind you, effectively wrapping you in a cocoon of safety. Once at the door, Sam moved to stand beside Dean, and you were hidden behind mountains of men. Dean knocked on the door, and it took only a moment for Dave to appear.

"Can I help you?" He asked, and you could just see a glimpse of his shiny, black hair, but that was it.

"Yeah, are you Dave?" Dean asked, and when the man nodded, Dean threw a punch right in his face, knocking him back into the apartment. Sam and Dean followed him in, and clutching the salt and holy water to your chest, you did too.

"What the hell was that for?" Dave asked, wiping off blood from his split lip. Dean took out a flask of his own, and splashed him with water. You watched in fascination as Dave's skin steamed, and he screamed in pain.

"Now Y/N!" Dean told you, and you started spilling salt into a circle around you. Dave noticed you as he tried to stand up.

"Y/N? You're still alive?" Dave asked, trying to move closer to you, but Dean stepped between you and him.

"Yeah no thanks to you." You told him, standing in the circle you had just made, hoping Sam and Dean were right, and that it would protect you from him.

"Well, let's see what I can do to fix that." Dave smirked, and with a swish of his hand, Dean went flying through the air, hitting the wall hard and crumpling to the ground.

"Dean!" You screamed, hoping he was okay. Sam charged forward, the Demon killing knife in his hand, but he too was knocked out of Dave's way.

Ignoring the two men laying on the ground in pain, Dave strode over to you, standing just at the line of salt. "Y/N, stay in the circle. Don't you touch her you bastard!" Dean yelled, struggling to get to his feet.

You watched uneasily as Dave stood there, before he glanced at the window, and it opened, letting in a fresh breeze that slowly started to move the salt away. By this time Dean was on his feet, and he came rushing forward, jumping on Dave's back, moving him away from you. As the two struggled, you looked around for anything to help. It was then you noticed Sam's knife laying on the floor next to his unconscious body.

Knowing Dean would not be happy, you rushed out of the circle, and clutched the knife in your hands. Dave was busy slamming Dean into the wall, trying to break his hold, but Dean was relentless. You hurried over to where they were fighting, the knife raised in your hand, just as Dave knocked a dizzy Dean to the floor.