First Bite

Sam Winchester x Reader
Synopsis: While hunting vampires, your attacked. Sam arrives, but may be too late to save you.

"Pff." You scoffed, earning raised eyebrows from both Sam and Dean. "Vampires are easy."

Dean turned his gaze back down on the computer in front of him, but Sam stared at you, a disapproving look on his face.

"What?" You asked, uncomfortable under his steady hazel gaze.

"Just promise me you will be careful. Yeah, vampire hunts can be simple, but this one seems like a nest, and nests are nasty to deal with." He said, his voice low and serious.

You nodded, before returning to your task of sharpening and polishing the machetes the three of you would use to take out the vampires. You knew Sam was right, that it was way too easy to go in hot headed, too confident, and end up way over your head, or dead.

"So guys, I think I've figured out where these vamps are hanging out." Dean said, looking up from the computer screen. Dropping the machete you were currently polishing onto the table and ignoring the loud clang, you moved to stand behind Dean, the same time Sam did. Sam was so much taller than you, your shoulder just brushed his elbow.

"I was checking for a pattern of the placement of the deaths, and I think I've finally figured it out." Dean started, tilting the screen back so you and Sam could both see it. On the screen was a local map, with red dots placed where each body was found. You looked close, but couldn't figure out what Dean had noticed. Sam must have missed it too, because he leaned even closer, his eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated.

"What? I can see anything." Sam finally said, leaning back so he was beside you once again.

"Here." Dean said impatiently, pointing to a dot on the screen, exact in the middle of the deaths, equal distance to each victims location. "I saw this dot, and cross referenced it on this map." Dean said, showing a different local map.

Taking it from him, you noticed he had already circled the spot, and you glanced closely at it. In the middle of the dot was a building.

"The index says it was an apple orchard, mainly used in the 1800s, shut down in the 50s. Locals leave it alone, supposedly it's haunted. I bet that's where our vamp nest is."

You patted Dean on the back, proud of his researching skills. "Wow Dean, you keep this up, Sam's gonna have a run for his money on the research end. Well done."

Dean smiled, your praise flustering him. None of you were good with words and emotions, and even the slightest praise was enough to fluster any of you.

Sam, on the other hand, had patted his brother on the back before moving to close up his researching tools, thinking no words were necessary.

You followed suit, grabbing the now ready machetes, throwing them into a duffle bag that already carried other items needed for a hunt. Throwing it over your shoulder, you glanced at the brothers, who were also ready and waiting.

"Ready?" You asked, even though you already knew the answer.

"Of course. Let's go gank us some fangs!" Dean yelled excitedly, while Sam shook his head, amused at his brother.

"Of course. It's the best time to kill them." Sam replied, always the practical one.

You followed them out, dumping the bag on the seat, before sliding into the back seat. Sam slid into the passenger seat, and Dean was already waiting.

"Let's get this show on the road." Dean said, before pulling out onto the road.

Half an hour later, Dean slowed the Impala to the side of the road, and you glanced outside, noticing you were parked next to apple trees, as far as the eye could see.