Castiel's Grace

Cas x Reader

Synopsis: You are helping Cas find what is left of his grace that Metatron hid from him.

The room was dark, the only window casting creepy silhouettes against the wall opposite you. You were tied to the only furniture left in the room, a rickety wooden chair.

You feel a warm liquid running down your face, and you knew it was blood. The last thing you remembered was walking through a forest with Castiel when a sharp pain exploded in your head, and darkness engulfed you.

You and Cas were trying to find his stolen grace, your last and biggest clue bringing you to this desolate place, abandoned fields surrounding a rambling, crumbling estate.

Castiel was your Angel. Well, not technically your Angel, but he saved you from becoming a Demon's play toy, and you had been fast friends ever since. One night, he arrived at your house, shaking and covered in blood. You had quickly pulled him into your bathroom, cleansing his wounds. As you bandaged him, he told you about his error with Metatron, and his loss of his grace. Weeks later, here you were, closer than ever to reuniting him with it.

You hear footsteps outside the door, and you cringe, knowing whoever knocked you out was coming back for you. Wondering where Cas was, you struggled against the ropes binding you, cringing as they burned against your skin.

The door opens, and a man walks in. His shoulders were wide, straining against his red tshirt, and he wore dark jeans with motorcycle boots. His head was shaved, with tattoos covering half his head. He oozed evil, and you shrank back in your chair, knowing you were in trouble.

"Hey darling." He said, his voice deep, with a southern twang to it. He walks over to you, and you stare at his eyes, unable to look away. They were dark, almost black, and they were empty, void of any human emotion. Finally blinking, you waited to see what would happen next.

"Not talking? Well, let's see what we can do about that. I know you were with Castiel. You're trying to recover his grace aren't you? Well Metatron told me to watch for him. But he didn't say anything about a sweet thing like you." He says, twirling a piece of your hair through his fingers, and you pull away.

He grabs your face brutally, pulling you back to him. "Now, that's no way to act. The more you fight, the more I like it."

You spit in his face, not wanting to act weak. But it was the wrong move, he smacks your face, before knocking your chair over and kicking you in the stomach multiple times. Blood dribbles down your cheek before he stops, and he pulls you back up, bringing the chair with it.

"Hmm, I think I know how we can have more fun. Stay here, I will be right back."

He leaves, and you try to take a deep breath, but it was too painful, you could tell at last one rub was broken. However you noticed that the back of the chair was now loose, and you were able to work it free from the rope.

Standing up, you wobble a little bit before regaining your balance. You make your way to the door, grimacing when you hear his footsteps climbing the stairs. You race to the windows, trying to open each one.

Finally the last one opens, and you climb out onto the roof, shutting it behind you. You move around to the side, so that the Angel didn't see you. Your foot slips on a missing shingle, and you slide, barely able to catch yourself before you slid two floors down.

Crawling on your hands and knees, you make it around the side before you heard him yelling for you. Finally, you make it to the porch, where it was lower to the ground. You look around, trying to find something or someone to help you. But Castiel was nowhere to be seen, and your only choice was to jump. Taking a deep breath, you jump, landing on your ankle. Feeling it roll underneath you, you hold back a moan, before getting back up.

Hobbling towards the trees, you grab one for support, before looking back. The Angel, whatever his name was, stood where you had just jumped, leaning down and wiping his fingers along the edge. He brings them back to his nose, and sniffs, and you realize he is smelling your blood.

Your start running again, towards what you didn't know. You knew you had to get away. Running through the trees, you feel branches grab your clothes, scratching your skin, and you felt your ankle throbbing with each step.

Unable to take another step, you fell to the ground, tears mixing with the grime covering your face.

"Cas, I don't know where you are, if you are okay, or if you can even here me, but if you can, I need your help. Please!" You whisper, hoping the other Angel couldn't listen it.

You laid there, feel your heart beat start to slow down when you heard a branch crack in the distance. You tense up, hoping he hadn't followed your scent. You grab the nearest thing you could find, a stick, the only thing you had to protect yourself.

A shadow emerges, and you gather up the last of your strength, charging forward, and screaming, the branch raised high in the air. Before you could bring it down, a familiar voice said your name, and you realized it was Castiel.

Dropping the stick, you throw yourself into his arms, sobbing into his chest. He pats your head, trying to comfort you.

"Y/N, where have you been? I've been looking everywhere. One minute you were next to me, the next you were gone. And what's happened to you?"

You relay what happened, and Cas looks furious. "If I ever get my hands on Metatron, I will kill him."

He wraps his arm around your shoulders, giving you support. "Let's get out of here." He tells you.

You stop him. "Cas, we are so close. We can't leave without your grace."

"Yeah Castiel, are you sure you really want to leave without this? You're so close." A voice said, causing you to freeze.