First Bite Pt. 2

You were oblivious to the sounds of struggle in the next room, as you held your knees to your chest, rocking back and forth. You didn't even notice it when footsteps entered the room, and a person squatted down in front of you.

"Y/N?" You thought you heard someone say, but you were so lost in shock, and pity, that you could only feel the tears falling down your face, and the blood pumping through your system, transferring the vampires blood, slowly turning you into one of the things you most despised.

"Y/N! What's wrong? " A panicked voice said, one belonging to Sam, but you couldn't lift your head up, because once he noticed the blood on your teeth, he would realize what had happened to you, and pity would turn to disgust, and you couldn't imagine seeing him look at you that way.

"Go Away." You muttered, your head still pressed tightly against your knees, your hair covering your face. 

Of course he didn't listen, instead he placed his hand on your knee, trying to comfort you, but the slightest touch had you twitching, and you knew the change was already beginning. "Please, Y/N, you're scaring me. Tell me what's wrong."

You knew he wouldn't give up until he saw for himself, and with a sigh you tilted your head up."Wow, he did a number on your neck." Sam gasped, his gaze skipping straight to your neck, ignoring everything else.

"Sam." You said quietly, but he was too busy holding a piece of cloth against your neck trying to staunch the already slowing blood. "Sam." You said louder this time, pushing his hand away and rising to your feet. The movement surprised him, and he sprang up, standing in front of you, getting a look at you for the first time.

"What happened?" He asked, staring at your mouth. "He didn't, did he?" He asked worried.

You nodded, before stepping back from him. He stared at you in shock. "Y/N, it's alright, we can deal with this." He said, trying to calm you down, but you knew it was too late, that you were past helping.

"No Sam, there isn't anything we can do. He turned me into a monster. The irony of it, a hunter turned into a vampire." You said sadly, the sound of your voice too loud in your ears. Sam took a step towards you, his hand out, and it was too much. You could hear the blood pounding through his veins, and you licked your lips at the thought of what it must taste like. Shaking your head in disgust, you look around the room, your eyes landing on your forgotten machete. Before Sam could even react, you had moved to the other side of the room, the machete now in your hands.

"Y/N, you don't have to do this." He pleaded, his hazel eyes conveying how distraught he was. 

You smiled sadly at Sam, wishing that you had more time, because you really loved the poor man, and he didn't even know. "Sam, I can feel the changes already. My hearing is out of this world, I can hear the beating of your heart, and it's driving me crazy."

Sam didn't seemed fazed at all by your admission, he stood across from you, his hands in the air showing he wasn't going to move.

"I don't want to be a vampire. He did the worst thing possible to me, and I can only see one way out of this!" You cried, tears pouring down your cheeks.

Just then Dean come bursting through the door, but froze at the sight in front of him. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked, confused. He was far enough away he couldn't see the redness on your teeth, but you could still smell him, and you were getting very hungry.

Laughing a little hysterically, you pushed the machete closer to your neck, ready to end this once and for all. "Y/N, don't! We have a cure!" Sam exclaimed, gently taking a step towards you. Your nostrils flared as the spicy, rich aroma of his blood swarmed your body, overloading your senses,

Your hand shook a little at this news. "A cure? Why haven't I heard of this before? You're just trying to trick me!" You said, bring the machete back again.

"A cure? Oh shit Y/N!" Dean said, finally following along.

"Yeah that bad boy decided he needed a new friend, and I was it." You stated sarcastically, the sarcasm covering your fear. "Now if you excuse me, I'll say my goodbyes and get to it." 

While you had been talking, you had missed the fact that Sam had been slowly making his way towards you, and was only a couple of steps away. You pulled the machete back, ready to bring it back as hard as you could, but a hand on your wrist stopped you.

"Sam, let me go!" You argue, attempting to pull your arm away, but even with your slowly awakening powers, you weren't strong enough to fight Sam, and soon he had the machete out of your hands, wrapped in his arms. There had been times you would have loved to have been held in his arms, but this wasn't one of them. 

"Y/N, listen to me!" Sam tried, but you were too pumped up, too many changes happening in your body that you continued to fight him. His arms were tight around your body, but he was slowly losing his grasp. You were almost free when you felt a sharp pain on the back of your head, and you slowly lost consciousness.

__________________________________________________

Your head was pounding. That was the first thing you noticed as you gradually came to. The back of your head ached like crazy, and your throat felt as if you had swallowed a handful of cotton balls. Cracking an eye open, you groaned at the brightness of the light.

Sam must have been sitting close by, because at the sound of your groan, you heard him moving closer before he spoke. "Y/N, I know you're awake. How are you feeling?"

Opening both eyes, you squinted up at the tall man towering over you. "I'm still a vampire, how do you think I feel?" You retorted.

Sam shook his head, and you wondered why he wasn't as worried as you figured he would be. "Y/N, think. How are you really feeling?"

Deciding to humor the deranged hunter, you took stock of your body. While your head hurt, it wasn't because of the glaring light, or the sound of his voice. Your neck was stiff, the wound still sore. You sniffed, but couldn't smell anything than the musty aroma the bunker usually smelled like. 

"I don't feel like a vampire." You said cautiously.

Smiling at you, Sam stepped back, crossing his arms, and that's when you noticed Dean was in your room too. "That's because you aren't one anymore." Dean told you.

You squinted at Dean, wondering if he was pulling your leg. You had been a hunter for over ten years, and had dealt with plenty of vampires. But never had you heard of a vampire cure. "How?"

Sam leaned against your dresser, as you scooted up in bed, noticing you were now in a pair of sweatpants and one of Sam's shirts. "Well, do you remember how I told you I met my grandpa over a year ago?" He started.

You nodded, knowing he was going to continue. "Well, when I was hunting with him, he mentioned a cure. I shook it off as crazy, but when Dean was turned, we used it on him. And it worked."

Your heart beating fast, you weren't sure quite yet if you believed Sam. Just yesterday you had thought you were a goner, ready to die instead of turning into a monster. And now here was Sam telling you that you still were alive, and human. It was too much to ask for. "That just seems too.." You started, unable to finish your sentence.

Dean excused himself, leaving you alone with Sam. As soon as he left, Sam sat down on the edge of the bed, staring down at his hands. "Were you really going to end your life?" He asked quietly.

You nodded, tears threatening to spill. You were emotionally exhausted from yesterday's events.

"I'm glad I was there to stop you. I couldn't imagine life without you." Sam told you, his hazel eyes sincere as they gazed into yours. 

You  became flustered, self conscious under Sam's heady stare. "You would have been fine. You have Dean." 

He shook his head, taking his hand and tilting your chin up so you had to meet his gaze. "No. I care for you deeply. And almost losing you today made me realize I've been selfish and stupid to hide these feelings."

You took in a deep breath, amazed that he felt that way towards you. After yesterday was so horrible, today was turning into something out of a dream. And if it was a dream, you didn't want to wake up, you thought to yourself as his lips slowly made their way to yours.