Castiel's Grace Part 2

He had been able to track the scent of your blood, following you through the the forest. In one hand he held an angel balde, while in the other, he held a small glass vial full of a blue swirling substance.

Castiel pushes you behind him, while staring at the Angel. "Braeden, it's been a while. I thought you had died when the Angels had fallen."

Braedon smirked at Cas, before looking at you and licking his lips. It caused your skin to crawl, and you clung closer to Cas. Cas drew his angel blade, and the two angels squared off, neither saying anything.

Cas was the first one to break the silence. "Why Braedon? Why are you working with Metatron? He's the reason the Angels fell."

Braedon tucked the grace back in his pocket before answering. "He promised me. If I helped him protect your grace, I would have a spot ruling heaven."

Cas shook his head, and you knew he was trying to save another life, he was tired of seeing all of the Angels die.

Braedon took that opportunity to attack, slicing his blade, and cutting Castiel's cheek. Cas pushes you back, and you fall down, unable to support yourself on your weak ankle. You watch as both angels fight, slashing at each other with their blades.

Castiel draws closer, and slashes his blade across Braedon's arm. "Stop brother, it doesn't have to be like this." Castiel pleads, but Braedon ignores him, rushing forward and knocking Cas to the ground.

You cover your scream, not wanting to distract Cas. Cas pushes him off, before climbing to his feet. They circle each other once again, and that's when you see it.

Lying on the ground, halfway hidden by the crushed leaves is Castiel's grace. Knowing Cas was fighting a losing battle without his grace, you try to make your way towards it. The men were so busy fighting, that at first they didn't notice you.

You crawled, staying as low to the ground as possible, until it was in your grasp. Pulling it towards you, you turn to yell at Cas, but instead watch in disbelief as Braedon slices him across the chest, before pushing him down on the ground, where he laid, lifeless.

Braedon turns his attention to you, stalking towards you. "Now where were we?" He murmurs, and you start crawling backwards, trying to get away.

He just laughs, following you. You cuss when you are stopped by a tree trunk, knowing you were trapped. He leans down, grabbing you by your hair, dragging you back to where Castiel laid. You hold back tears, wishing there was a way you could get his grace to him and save him.

"See what happens when you fight back?" Braedon told you before slamming you against a tree trunk. You groan as your head made contact with the rough wood.

Just then, Castiel stirred, and you hid your surprise, not wanting Braedon to notice yet. Braedon was too busy with you, coming closer, and peering at you.

"Let's get rid of this," he tells you, before using his angel blade to cut your shirt off of you. Too sore to fight back, you lay there, watching Cas.

He slowly sits up, before noticing you. His face turns furious, and he quickly rises up, causing Braedon's focus to transfer to him.

"Well Castiel, your tougher than I gave you credit for."

"Leave her alone." Cas orders, but Braedon laughs it off.

You try to move towards Cas, but Braedon pushes you back down, holding his angel blade to your throat. He uses his other hand to pull out what was left of Castiel's grace.

"Let's make this interesting. You decide. Her life, or your grace?" Braedon says.

Without hesitating, Cas answers him. "Her life. Please, let her go."

He nods his head, starting to let you go towards Cas, before smiling and pulling you back. As he pulled you back, you felt a white hot pain in your stomach, and you looked down to see his angel blade protruding from your belly.

"I lied, how about neither. " Braedon said, before pushing you off of his blade and onto the ground. You lay there, your body going from pain to numbness, but you could still hear Castiel's distraught voice.

Staring up at the sky, blood starting to fall from your lips, you were unable to see Cas rush towards Braedon, grabbing his knife from the ground, and stabbing him in the heart. You noticed a bright light, and knew your time was coming to an end. Tears start falling down your cheek, as you realized you had never told Cas how you really felt.

"Cas.." You try, but he doesn't come.

"Cas, I love you!" You force out again, louder this time, but causing you to cough. Before you could close your eyes, Cas is there, tears falling from his crystal blue eyes.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. Hold on for me, please!" He tells you, before disappearing from your line of vision.

Another blast of bright light fills your vision, and you close your eyes, knowing it was for the last time.

----------------

Confused, you open your eyes. You didn't expect heaven to look like your bedroom. Moving your head to the side, you notice Cas sitting next to you, his head against the bed as he slept.

Relieved that Cas could come visit you in heaven, you raised your hand, brushing your fingers through his hair.

He stirs, before glancing at you. "Y/N, you're awake!"

You smile. "Thank you for visiting me in heaven." You tell him.

Hey furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean? You're not dead." He explains.

"But I saw a bright light, then my eyes closed." You reasoned with him.

He smiled brightly, understanding where your thoughts were taking you.

"Y/N, the bright light you saw was me getting my grace back. I needed it back so I could heal you. I was almost too late, but you're most definitely alive."

You lean forward, kissing him on the lips, missing the look of surprise that crossed his face.

"What was that?" He asked.

"For thank you. And because I love you. But don't worry, I know you might not share my feelings but.." You rambled on, but he stopped you with a finger to your lips.

"Ever since I saved you from that Demon, I've had these weird feelings. I even talked to my friend Dean about them. He says what I'm describing is love. I think I love you Y/N."

You were happy, glad that Castiel had gotten his grace back, and that you had an Angel to call your own.