Choices

Dean Winchester x Reader
Synopsis: During a tough hunt, the three of you really stretched thin. Dean is torn between helping you, or helping his brother, but you make the choice for him. Takes place during season 5.

"I don't have a good feeling about this hunt." Dean whined, earning a surprised glance from both you and Sam. Dean never complained about hunts, unless you were hunting witches. Then you heard plenty of complaints and bitching. But this was a Demon hunt, and he never complained about those. He loved killing as many of them as possible.

"Why?" You asked, coming over to the bed where he was perched, sitting down next to him and laying your head on his shoulder, snuggling closer when he raised his arm and wrapped it around you.

He was quiet for a moment, carefully planning out his words. It wasn't like Dean, being this careful and concerned about a hunt. "I'm not sure. It's just, there's the gnawing in my stomach, telling me somethings not right."

Sam came to stand over in front of the two of you. "Dean, don't worry about it. We've done a lot of research. We know the Demon, we know the location, and we've got our knife, and Y/N has her Angel Blade Cas gave her. It will be fine."

You felt his sigh. "Yeah, I guess so. Let's go gank that Son of a Bitch and get it over with." He finally said, and you went to stand up, but he pulled you back down with him. "Hey Sammy, give us a minute." 

Sam nodded, grabbing his bag and heading outside to wait by the Impala. As soon as he was gone, Dean turned to face you, a serious expression on his face. "Y/N, I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I just needed to talk to you."

Wondering where he was going with this, you nodded, staying silent. "I know we haven't been together very long, but I care for you. More than any other girl I've ever been with. And, don't hate me for this, but I was wondering if you would consider staying behind on this hunt."

"What?" You asked. It's not as if you were a green hunter. You had been hunting for over ten years, and could handle pretty much anything that came at you.

"it's not because I don't trust you on this hunt." Dean quickly explained. "I just have a bad feeling about this hunt, and I would rather you stay back, safe."

"You know I can't do that." You told him, and he nodded sadly, knowing that you were stubborn, and he wouldn't be able to change your mind no matter how hard he tried.

"I know. But it was worth a shot." He replied, as the two of you made your way outside, to the Impala. Sam was already sitting inside, and soon the Impala was zooming down the road, heading towards the far end of town.

As you grew closer to the two story house the Demons were currently inhabiting, your stomach started knotting with worry. What if Dean was right, and something went wrong?

"So, this Demon's nest is full of Lucifer supporters. Maybe one of them will give us clues onto where he's holed up." Sam explained.

"How many are you thinking we will be dealing with?" You asked, as Dean pulled to the side of a street, next to a cracked sidewalk. Most houses along this street were boarded up, or falling apart. The yards were full of overgrown weeds, forgotten toys and outdoor furniture. It was eerily quiet, no sounds of children playing, dogs parking, or families getting ready to set down for dinner.

Dean slipped out of the Impala, making sure he had the Demon killing knife in his pocket. You opened the trunk, pulling out your gun full of salt rounds, along with the Angel Blade Cas had given you. Feeling as ready as you ever would be, you nodded to Dean who was now standing by Sam.

"I hate that this house has multiple levels." Dean grumbled. "But this is how we're gonna do it. They probably already know we're coming, so I think at least one of us should make a grand entrance through the front door while the other two slip in the back."