Deal Breaker

Dean x Reader
Synopsis: You find out Dean made a deal to save you.

Sore, your entire body ached as I'd you had been hit by a Mack truck. Keeping your eyes closed, you waited for your memories to return, so you could understand why your body was so sore. You didn't feel any broken bones, or deep cuts, instead it was a dull, bone deep ache.

You remember going on a hunt with Sam and Dean, the two people closest to you, closer than your family had ever been. After you parents were killed by ghouls, you joined forces with the Winchesters, hunting all the things that went bump in the night.

That hunt, you had been going after a vengeful spirit, one who liked to pray on females that had a lot of your same attributes. You remembered arguing with Dean, him wanting to leave you behind at the bunker while they went to hunt down the jerk. You stood your ground against the two tall men, and you had won your case.

It had been a hard hunt, the spirits body had been buried underneath a layer of bricks in the basement of an old rotting house. You and Sam had been in charge of distracting the spirit, while Dean pounced away at the bricks.

"Y/N! Behind you!" Sam yelled, and you turned, coming face to face with the spirit. He had once been a man, in his 30s, but time as a spirit had not been kind to him, along with his death. His girlfriend of three years had thrown her hair dryer into the shower he was taking, and now his skin was burnt and peeling. You could almost smell the burning flesh, and you wanted to gag. Instead, you held your ground, shooting him with your shotgun filled with salt rounds.

That was the way it had gone for about ten minutes. You and Sam took turns firing off shots, while Dean dug as fast as he could. He was almost to the bones, when you felt a cold hand grasp your throat. Dropping your gun, you clawed at the arm, coming up empty.

"Y/N!" Sam yelled, but the spirit had enough force to send Sam crashing into the ground. He then turned his red rimmed eyes on you,, with an intensity that had you shaking in your boots.

"Why? I loved you. Why did you kill me?" He asked you, mistaking you for his murdering girlfriend.

Before you could answer, you felt a strange pressure in your stomach. Looking down, you saw his other hand sticking through your shirt, straight into your belly. In shock, you watch as flames start to burn up his body, causing him to loosen his hold on you. Unable to hold yourself up, your fall to the ground was stopped by a pair of strong arms around you.

"Y/N, look at me, you'll be fine." Was the last thing you had heard, before you succumbed to the darkness the pain offered you.

Now, you were back in the bunker, your stomach in one piece. Confused, you cracked an eye open, patting your stomach to make sure there were no stitches. Coming up empty, you gingerly sat up, sitting against the headboard. You were back in your room in the bunker, but things were different. Instead of the usual tidy room you were proud of, plates and food wrappers were strewn everywhere, with beer bottles mixed in. A chair was pushed close to your bed, but it was empty.

You had no idea how long you had been laying in bed, but you felt grimy and gross, and you wanted a shower more than anything. Throwing the covers off, you realized someone had changed you into your normal sleep attire, an old tshirt of one of the boys.

Putting your weight onto your feet, you swayed in place before taking slow, careful steps towards the bathroom. Turning the shower on high, you gently stripped out of your clothes, moaning when the warm water caressed your skin.

Once you felt human again, you wrapped yourself in a fluffy towel, and moved back to your room. The warm water had eased your stiff joints, and you could move once again without pain.