Cold Hearted Pt. 3

**Couldn't leave it the way it was**

You had been ready to die for the ones you loved. It had been a no brainer, a quick decision that you didn't regret one bit. Dean was off to do great things, to save the world time and time again. He wasn't meant to become the slave of some revenge driven Demon. While you, on the other hand, you always seemed to be the tag along, helping on hunts when needed. Stitching Sam or Dean up when they got hurt on a hunt. Your life wasn't near as important in the long run as his was. You accepted that, and you were grateful that you had gotten to be a part of it. To love him, and feel that love returned.

If you had to say you regretted one thing, it would be the chance to grow old with Dean. To marry him, to maybe even have a kid, who knows. It wouldn't have had to be special. A simple wedding, with Sam, and maybe even Cas in attendance, living at the bunker, continuing on with your lives. You would have accepted all of that if it had meant living with the man you loved. Seeing the freckles on his nose each morning when you woke up, feeling his arms wrap around you each night when you went to sleep.

But now, because of the revenge of a certain Demon, you weren't allowed to have all of that. She had taken it all away from you. Forcing you to make a choice that had affected all of your lives, without even a slight chance to talk about it.

"Y/N, come on Baby. Please wake up." You heard Dean's voice filter through your thoughts. At first you were relieved to hear Dean's voice, to realize that maybe he had been able to battle Martha and her Demons after you had died. But then, if you were dead, how could you hear him? Your excitement at hearing Dean's voice turned to dread, when you realized he must have died too. Your heart dropped at the thought, that your death had been for nothing.

"No." You muttered over and over, feeling a tear trickle down your cheek. It took a moment to comprehend the fact that you felt the tear. You could feel the warm liquid as it left your eye and traveled down your cheek. You could feel, everything. You could feel the weight of your body, and the softness of something underneath you. The scratchiness of a blanket over you, and the cool air blowing in from somewhere to the side.

These weren't things you had expected to feel when you died. You hadn't imagined you would feel much, unless you had been sent to hell. But what you had never expected to feel again was the callused hand that was currently squeezing yours.

"Dean." You croaked out, your voice hoarse. You hadn't tried opening your eyes yet, you were still afraid this was all some sort of sick dream and you were actually dead, waiting to be sent to heaven or hell.

"Y/N!" You heard him exclaim, and it was the deep timbre of his voice that had you prying your eyes open. You had to see him, see if he was real. You had to see a glimpse of his green eyes, even if only for a moment.

It was hard work, but you were able to open your eyes, and it was the eyes, as green as a summer lawn, that you saw first. You stared up into them, getting lost in the depth of emotions they provided. "Hi." You said weakly, giving him a smile.

He leaned back, out of your view, his hand slipping from yours. You grew panicked, not wanting him to leave you yet. You grasped his hand, pulling it back to you. "Woah, it's okay Y/N, I'm not going anywhere." He promised you, squeezing your hand comfortingly. He leaned forward again, and it was then you noticed the dark circles under his eyes, the beard that was already growing on his face.

"How am I alive?" You asked him. "How's Sam, and Cas?" You continued on.

He gave you a smile. "It's all thanks to Cas. I thought I had lost you. When you gave your life up, for me, I only saw red. I caught you in my arms, but then I went after that Bitch. I cut her down, along with the goons that had hurt you. When Sam finally calmed me down, you were laying there, lifeless." He told you, his eyes portraying guilt. "I came over, holding you close to me, when Cas was able to finally fight off his own Demon holding him captive. I had looked for a pulse, but there had been none. But Cas still tried, finding a little spark of you that hadn't been gone. And because of that, I will never be able to repay him." Dean said, as a tear ran down his cheek.

Without thinking, you leaned forward, pulling him close to you, hugging him as tight as you could. In your position it was awkward, but you made it work. He stayed still for a moment, before wrapping his arms around you, burying his head in your chest. "I thought I had lost you, again. And I can never forgive myself for that." He muttered against your chest.

Sitting up, you gently pushed him away. "Dean, it's over. Can't we just forget it ever happened?" You asked him, but the look on his face already showed you the answer.

"But I pushed you away. I thought that was the safest thing to do. The demons had said they were going to try to get to me. I figured if I pretended you didn't matter to me, you would be safe. I was so wrong, and because of me you almost died."

You placed your hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look at you. "I understand why you did it. Doesn't make it right, but I understand why. But please, don't do anything like that again. We are stronger together, than we are apart." You said.

"I won't, I promise. I don't want to be apart from you, ever again. That was worse than hell." He said, just as the door opened, and Sam and Cas came into the room.

"You're awake!" Sam exclaimed, giving you a huge hug.

You smiled widely at them. "I am. And thank you guys, for saving me."

Cas nodded his head, as Sam beamed with happiness. "And I see the two of you have made up." He said, glancing between you and his brother.

"We did. Your knucklehead of a brother promised he wouldn't do something like that again."

"Well, he is Dean..." Sam teased, earning a shove from Dean.

"I think he learned his lesson." You said, sharing a glance with Dean, grateful for one  chance with him.