Stitches

Dean Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: Dean comes back to the bunker after a tough hunt, bruises and battered. You tend to his wounds, which leads to a shocking confession from him.

A cup of hot chocolate was slowly cooling next to you, a plate full of crumbs beside it. Your legs were tucked underneath you, a blanket covering your lap as you turned the page of the book you were currently reading.

It had been a relaxing day, spent by yourself in the bunker as Sam and Dean had taken off, planning on doing a simple hunt by themselves. You didn't mind, after all you had just spent over a month on the road with them. Back to back hunts had kept you busy, and when it was finally time to return to the bunker you had been relieved.

However, only a day later you had gotten the news of a hunt near by, and the brothers refused to let it go. They had compromised, it was an easy hunt so you could stay behind and relax, while they took care of it.

Here it was, a day later, and not one single word from either one of them. You had expected them back by now but when was a hunt every easy? You weren't too concerned, you knew the boys could take care of themselves, but you were already missing them, especially Dean. The older brother held a soft spot in your heart, but you would never tell him that. You didn't want to bare your heart to him, and have him laugh it off, so your feelings stayed buried inside.

You turned back from your thoughts to your book, a book you've had for over a month now, but never had read more than a page or two. Just as you settled back into it, your phone started buzzing next to you, and without even glancing, you picked it up and answered it.

"Y/N? We're on our way back. Probably about an hour out. Do you think you could the first aid kit ready?" Sam asked, his voice full of tension.

"Yeah, anything else you need? What happened?" You questioned, your book forgotten as you flung the blanket from your lap, already moving to where the first aid was stashed.

"The hunt turned out to be multiple werewolves, not just one. How about some whiskey." Sam explained.

"Is it you or Dean? How bad is it?" You asked, your heart in your throat as you waited in suspense.

"It's not life threatening, but if he doesn't get worked on soon it might be. Gotta go, be there soon." Sam said, and you could hear Dean groaning in the background before he ended the call.

Your heart pounding, you rushed around the bunker, grabbing things you might need, bringing them into Dean's room. You knew it might have been easier to care for him in the library, on one of the tables, but his comfort mattered to you.

Within moments, you had everything you thought you would need. The first aid kit with the bandages and stitches kit out and ready. Alcohol to calm him, along with disinfecting the wound, was placed on the nightstand, along with scissors to cut the cloth away. You had towels, and an old blanket was already covering the bed.

With time to spare, you went into your room, pulling your hair up into a careless bun, switching into an old t-shirt, and a pair of faded, jeans. Something you wouldn't care about, if you got blood on them. Knowing they would be arriving soon, you waited in the garage, ready to help carry him in, your hands shaking a little at the sight that probably awaited you.

It wasn't even five minutes later when you heard the roar of the Impala echoing in the tunnel. Sam guided the car into a parking spot before jumping out and opening the back door. Glancing in, the first thing you noticed was the whiteness of Dean's face, before you took in his once gray shirt, now almost black with blood.

You stood back, and watched as Sam gently lifted his big brother out the car, Dean's  head lolling with the movement. "He passed out about five minutes ago." Sam explained as he hurried down the hallway, you almost having to run to keep up with his long strides.