To the Rescue Part 1

Castiel X Reader
Synopsis: Cas comes to your rescue, even after you were adamant that he stay on the hunt with your brothers.

Ever since you've met the awkward friend of your brothers, you had what most would consider a crush on him. However, he was an angel, and you knew angels didn't partake in romantic relationships. So instead you stared at him when no one else was watching, your heart fluttering when he would give you a special glance, or take time out to talk specifically to you.

Your brothers were Sam and Dean Winchester, who spent their lives hunting monsters. You helped on occasion, but most of the time you were left behind to take care of the bunker, or help with research. You didn't mind that much, you had never been a part of this life until the Winchesters had accidentally stumbled on you years ago. A monster was after revenge against their father, and you and your mom had been caught up in the middle of it. Sam and Dean had been able to save you, but your Mom hadn't made it. Along the way they had found out who your father was, and offered you a chance to live with them, which you gladly accepted.

When they went on their hunts, they would send their friend Castiel to check on you, and you always looked forward to those times, because then you had Cas all to yourself. He would usually show up a day or so after your brothers had left, and he would stay for at least an hour each day, spending time with you, making sure you had everything you needed.

This time though, Sam and Dean needed him to go on a hunt with them, something about a rogue angel on a killing spree. So you wouldn't have your companion dropping in to check on you, and the thought depressed you immensely.

"Are you sure you want me to go? I usually check up on Y/N while you guys hunt." You heard Cas ask from across the library room. You were currently cuddled into one of the leather seats, a blanket covering your lap as you read one of your favorite stories.

"Yeah Cas buddy, we need you. We aren't sure about this case, and having you on board will make it a lot easier." Dean replied, throwing his duffle bag over his shoulder. "When you're ready meet us in the garage." Dean said before nodding your way. "Later brat."

You waved, and watched as your older brother left the room, but Cas stayed behind. He was standing there, staring at you, his eyes squinted, hiding the deep blue they usually were. Before you could ask what was wrong, he strode over to you, and you stared up at him, curious as to what he wanted.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to go?" He asked, his voice deep and rough. You loved the sound of his voice. "I usually check up on you, but this hunt will make it impossible. I don't like it."

You were appreciative of the Angel's concern, but you didn't want him worrying about you while on a hunt. "Cas, it's fine. Go on the hunt and I will be okay. I'm just gonna go on a supply run, then laze around here."

"Please be careful on your supply run. Maybe you should skip it." Cas warned, before turning and leaving to join your brothers.

About an hour after they had left, you finally talked yourself into getting up and doing the supply run. It was never your favorite thing, but it had to be done. Sam had drank all the coffee, and the food in the fridge was turning into a science experiment. Grabbing your coat, you walked to the garage, where your own ride was waiting. It wasn't a fancy car, nothing like Dean's Baby, but it ran well and that's all that mattered.

Aiming it towards town, you mentally started a check list of items that were needed, reminding yourself that you needed to add to your secret stash of chocolate. Pulling into the parking lot, your mind was busy with different dinner ideas, and you didn't pay any attention to the faces around you.

Grabbing a cart, you started meandering through the aisles, finding items and throwing them in the cart, humming a classic rock song as you went. The store was fairly empty, only a couple of senior citizens were shopping on the far side. You did notice the man behind you, he was currently looking at the juice, but kept giving you odd glances, and you felt uncomfortable.

Thinking you were just being silly, you quickly left the aisle and turned to the next one, grabbing fresh bread and some muffins for breakfast when you noticed he had followed you. Deciding you had enough, and that you would come back later for whatever else you needed, you started pushing your cart to the front, but he zapped in front of you.

"Aren't you the sister of the Winchesters? " The balding man asked, his dark, brown eyes looking you up and down. "That means your Castiel's little pet."

"Listening, I don't want any trouble, just let me go, and you won't get hurt." You warned, but inside you knew you were bluffing. You only had your little knife with you, and you were pretty sure these were angels. Your knife would just piss them off.

"Well you see, that's exactly what we want." He told you, before nodding behind you, and you felt two pairs of hands wrap around your arms, before you were transported out of the store.

Once your head stopped spinning, you looked around, noticing you were now in an old, motel room, one that looked abandoned. The walls were peeling, the matresses thrown to the floor, and the lights overheard cracked and hanging crookedly. The ring leader of the Angel's grabbed the only non broken chair, and the two holding you pushed you down in it, before wrapping rope around your wrists and ankles.

"How did you even know who I was?" You asked, since you never really went on hunts with either your brothers or Cas.

"We've been following Cas, trying to figure out a way to bring him to us. It was then we noticed he always came to visit you while your brothers were away." Baldy told you, while he stood in front of you, twirling his angel blade through his fingers.

"You haven't been trailing him that well." You remark. "Because he went on the hunt with my brothers this time. He won't be coming to check up on me."

He snapped his fingers, and the two angels behind you zapped out of the room, probably on their way to check out the information you had just provided them. You tested your bonds, but they had done a great job of tying them, and you knew there was no way you could get out.

"What do you even want with Cas anyways?" You asked, trying to buy yourself some time until you could figure out an escape plan.

Baldy came forward, touching the tip of the Angel blade to your cheek. "Cas killed someone very important to me. And he has single handedly ruined heaven for all angels. I knew Hannah believed in him, but she's gone, and now there is chaos."

"You know it wasn't entirely his fault right? He was trying to do good, it was that dick Metatron!" You yelled, which seemed to tick the man off, because next thing you knew, he was slicing the blade down your cheek.

Screaming out in pain only seemed to spur the Angel on, and soon you had multiple cuts all over your body. He had the blade posed over your thigh, about ready to stab it into your leg when his two lackeys came back.

"Sir, she's right. He's helping her brothers hunt down a rogue angel." The woman who stepped out from behind you said, glancing nervously down at you, her eyes widening when she saw the blood.

"What should we do?" Baldy asked, before reaching down and pulling your phone from your pocket. Smiling, he pressed the screen, before showing it to you. He was calling your older brother Dean.