chapter 3

Chris.

The worst part of waking up in the morning is having to separate yourself from bed. Then it's have to drag yourself from bed, all because you have to go to unpleasant place named school. As if it couldn't get any worse it's having to deal with the loud annoying people in the morning.

Loud, and annoying in the morning for what reason exactly?

I can't understand, but I won't force myself anyway. I feel an incoming headache, it's not because of the thinking I attempted on this early morning either, no. It's one cause: Bianca.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose, this incoming headache is landing soon. "I hear you." I mumbled. I quickly put my phone on speaker and place it on the dresser.

As early as it is—if I haven't stressed enough— and Bianca is on the line talking my head off. I'm two seconds away from hanging up on her. I thought she was calling to say good morning or something sweet and nice. But no, it's her nagging. My mistake.

I walk over too my full length mirror to check out my outfit. I then grab my pick and begin picking my hair.

"Chris?!" I hear Bianca yelling on the other line, I decide to ignore her. "CHRIS?!"

I mugged the mirror as if Bianca was the one I was looking at. "WHAT?"

She really knows how to get under my skin. I wish she would do something else with that big mouth of hers. I mean, I understand why my past girlfriends would sometimes pick an argument with me, but her... She just wants to argue for fun. Which is something I think I don't have to put up with, well shouldn't.

"Don't what me! This whole time I was talking and you weren't even listening, were you?" She pauses waiting for me to answer, not happening. "You're such a-"

"Bianca" I kissed my teeth. "Cool out you're doing too much."

"Whatever you still picking me up?" She questions with an attitude.

"Nah, I'm not feeling this." I said not taking my eyes of the mirror as I sprayed on some cologne.

"What do you mean?" She asked, finally using her calm voice.

"This whole arguing thing I'm not with it, we not about to argue in the car. I need a break from this screaming and yelling." I said with my voice projected, so she can hear me clearly.

The three beeps let me know she hung up on me. Good for her, finally using smart tactics. The conversation was dead from 'Hello?'

Mom must be happy, I think to myself. The aroma of bacon and eggs fill me up and make my mouth water. I walk inside the kitchen with a happy stomach and a smile on my face,

"Good morning mommy." I said sounding innocent.

She laughs. "Good morning baby, you ready for school today?"

"Yes, school... The wonders of learning." I mumbled to myself. I hear her laugh under her breath, almost in ridiculing tone. And when she mumbles "ridiculous" I kind of catch the drift.  

I walk over to refrigerator and open it, looking for the orange juice. I pour myself a glass. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, but I ignore it and grab a plate.

I take a seat and wait for mom to finish up...

We sat down eating the breakfast she just made.