Chapter 17

Miya.

"Finally." I sighed in joy. I finished flat ironing my hair, which took me probably thirty minutes to a hour. I placed the flat iron on the towel; which was on the bathroom counter. Unplugging it, as I walked into my bedroom.

It was Friday... I couldn't be more happier. January was ending this week and grades should be published today. I knew my grades were flawless, but I was more than excited to see Chris'.

Considering the fact I've actually been helping him with everything, ranging from homework to makeup work or even classwork. Report cards weren't getting sent out today, but our final second quarter grades should be posted on schoolmax by the end of today.

I grabbed my bag and adjusted it over my shoulder, grabbing my phone off of my dresser. I walked over to my full length mirror. Reviewing my outfit, I actually looked cute. I wore a long sleeve black sweater dress, that stopped mid-thigh. Pairing it with black knee-high socks. After putting on my basic black UGGS, I prepared myself to take a mirror selfie... 100 selfies later, I only favored two.

I decided to post them, okay now what should the caption be? I always have hard time figuring out what my caption should be... Think Miya! Think!

"Miya!" I heard my dad call me, from downstairs.

"Yes!?" Complete silence. "YES?!" I seriously hate when my dad does this. Now I have to run all the way downstairs to see what he wants. Since I was already on my way downstairs it wasn't that big of an issue, otherwise I would've been mad.

I posted the selfies to Twitter as I walked down the stairs. The caption read: Ya' new lock screen.

"Yes?" I responded, walking into the kitchen. My dad poured Kibble into Sherrie's doggy bowl and placed it on the floor. Sherrie then barked with excitement, running to her bowl.

"Your therapist called." My dad said as he took a sip of his coffee. "She said she wants to see how you're doing." I rolled my eyes. Can she leave me alone? I'm fine now... Jeez.

"Tell her I'm fine."  I spat, opening the refrigerator. I grabbed a juice box.

"I did, she knows that. She was just saying that's it's been awhile..." He yawned, interrupting him mid in his sentence. "Man, I'm tired. Where was I?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Therapist."

"Yeah, so I'll schedule an appointment with her soon. And please... Please watch your attitude when we get there. Meaning no rolling of the eyes, kissing of the teeth... None of that." He scolded. I nodded and rolled my eyes afterwards.

"Hey I saw that." My dad growled. "Anyway, you have a good day babygirl." He walked around the counter and kissed me on my forehead.

"Oh yeah." I stopped him from walking out of the kitchen. "I might stay after today."

"Okay. Thats fine." He nodded in agreement. "I'm going to the basketball game anyway."

"Yeah. I was thinking about going." I spoke as I bent down to pet Sherrie.

"You should. You know I always go to the home games." He stated. "And what's his face... That boy you tutor, Chris he's really good. " I tried to hide the fact that I was gawking over his name.

"Yeah... He asked me to go, so I-" My Dad scoffed.

"For what?" He spat. "He likes you or something? Because ew." I snickered at his childishness. A grown man saying ew.

"What?" My tone shifted to a higher pitch. "No... We're friends daddy. Nothing more."

Half of what I said was true, we were just friends. My dad left the kitchen, before mumbling, "mhm. Better stay that way."