Chapter 12

Chris.

Feeling jittery. I don't know how to explain.

"Miya." I cleared my throat. "I know you have a boyfriend. And I know I said lets just be friends, but it's not going to work. " I took a deep breath and exhaled. I ran my hands down my jawline. "I like you..."  

"Chris!" I heard my brother shout, from behind the bathroom door. "Can you hurry up? I left my phone in there."

Annoyed, I grabbed his phone off the bathroom counter and opened the door. I forcefully handed it to him. 

"Well okay..." I heard Michael mutter before I slammed the door shut.

This is stupid. I looked in the mirror, contemplating if I should practice telling Miya I like her again. Why am I even trying? It's not going to work, just forget it...

I walked into my bedroom, and my eyes wandered for my calculus packet. After finding it on my dresser, I unplugged my phone off its charger and checked for any texts. Bianca, Jennifer, some unknown number, another unknown number... No texts from Miya.

Why would she even text me? This is dumb.

I dragged myself to the living room, where Michael and Thomas were sitting down, watching ESPN.

I glared at them as they stared.  "What?" I growled.

"What flew up your skirt?" Michael snapped back, causing Thomas to laugh. 

I opened my mouth to speak and in that second my mom walked in...I plopped down on the sofa and looked down at my packet and tried to pretended like I was studying.

"Mom, Michael is making fun of me." I said, shaking my head. My best attempts of acting like a little child.

Michael kissed his teeth. "What the fu-" my mom popped Michael in the back of his head, cutting him off from saying anything.

"Watch your mouth. And why would you disturb him? You don't see him doing his work?" She scolded him as Thomas and I snickered lowly.

"Chris is a grown man now. You can't defend him forever." Michael snapped once more, glaring at me.

"I don't care. That's still my child, and forever will be." My mom said as she hugged me.

The minute she left the room, to go back to the kitchen, Michael threw a pillow at me.

"Oh how mature..." I scoffed as I threw the pillow right back at him.

I looked down at my packet, actually attempting to do it this time.

Thomas and Michael discussed about the upcoming NBA games. Stating which teams they think would make the finals. I listened and stated my own opinions in my head. God knows, I'm not even focused on this packet.

My phone vibrated, I assumed it was a text so I didn't bother. Then it continued to vibrate...

"Yeah?" I answered the phone.

"You doing something today?" I heard Bianca ask.

"Yup." I lied. I knew what she wanted to do and I wasn't down for it. At least not right now.

"You sure?" She giggled. I don't know if she was trying to flirt with me or seduce me, but it wasn't working. "Cause I was thinking..."