Chapter 27

Miya.

"I love you."

He loves... Me? Love is just a word... No, man what do I know about love anyway? What does he know about love anyway?

I stared at Chris for awhile. I knew I liked him; I knew I liked him a lot. But to say 'I love you' is a whole different thing. Maybe I did love him.

There is a difference between love and in love. Love might just be he loves to spend time with me, and vice versa. Love might just be a simple thing to him. It's easy to say I love you. What was I feeling?

Seeing that I was taking to long to respond to him, Chris gave me a nervous laugh.

"Then again I'm just talking shit." He croaked as if he was upset. "Plus, I'm high so I'm all relaxed, easy for me to say things that are on my min- well not technically on my mind, maybe jus- " he chuckled interrupting himself. "I'm just talking shit, like I said."

I laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, I guess. We all just talk sometimes without thinking."

"Mhm." He hummed. He rubbed the back of his neck while I stuffed my hands in my back pockets. We shared an awkward laugh, one of the first we had in a long time.

The students were being dismissed from the cafeteria. Chris looked around and back at me.

"You're going to be here all day?" He asked.

"Basically."

"Oh, well I should be going. Don't want to be late to class." He said dryly. "So uh, yeah. Bye beautiful."

"I'll text you?" I called out as he began walking away. He turned around halfway and gave me a half smile, nodding okay.

Hate myself.

I strolled back over to the table I'm supposed to be seated at, with David.

I slowly sat down as the cafeteria was becoming filled with other students. I scanned the flyer quickly, before resting my head on my fist.

I think I love Chris. No I love Chris, at least that's what I feel, I thought.

My heart was pounding rapidly at the thought of him. I wanted to tell myself it was too soon to jump into this, but Chris has been nothing but perfect to me. He made me want to fall in love.

I sighed, pulling out my phone to see if he texted me and he didn't. Noticing my lock screen was Sherrie, I felt the urge to cry. I had to much going on with life right now.

"Everything alright?" David's low baritone voice asked.

"Oh me?" Well duh. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Doesn't seem like it. Come on what's on your mind?"

"It's nothing. For real, I'm just overthinking and don't really feel like talking to you about it." I looked at him once I realized what I said sounded a bit rude. "Sorry it's just-"

"No I understand, we literally just met like two days ago. Who am I to be concerned?" He rhetorically asked, laughing afterwards."Well uh, Mr. President is almost done talking, your turn soon..."

"Right." I uttered. I stood up and pushed the chair in. I then looked up and locked eyes with David.

"If you want to talk about it though, I'm here. I am studying psychology y'know..." He said with a grin. I laughed slightly and shifted my eyes from his intensive gaze.

I proceeded to walk in the direction of Kevin, while he was handing me the microphone. He awkwardly gave me a half smile and walked away. I held the microphone close and prepared myself to speak.