Chapter 8

Miya.

I forcefully stuffed my jacket in my locker, just to emphasize my attitude. Kevin's mad at me, because he thinks Chris and I have something "going on" which we don't. So I got mad at him for being mad at me for a dumb reason. It was unbelievable how he was so jealous...

"So you guys text also?" Kevin asked as he stared ahead at the road. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out of the window.

"Answer me." He said.

I laughed out loud. "You damn sure ain't talking to me like that." I side eyed him as he sighed.

"I'm sorry Miya, I ju-" I'm not going to let him explain himself, because I'm still not over the fact that he just tried to yell at like I was his child.

"Kevin don't start with the 'I'm sorry this and that' BS. 'Cause I'm over it." I looked directly at him; with the meanest face ever. "Of course we're going to text. I'm his TUTOR duh. We're not flirting or anything. You want to check the messages?" I said holding out my phone.

"No. I believe you, it's just people are in my ear telling me that you're going to end up cheating on me and he's going to steal you from me." Kevin confessed as he parked the car in the school parking lot. His confession hurt me a little bit. Am I just some object? Like something people can take or steal?

"Am I just some object to you?" I asked him. I decided I didn't want to hear his phony baloney explanation, so I just stormed out of his car. Slamming the door while he called after me.
...

  "Miya look at me please." Kevin pleaded.

"Just leave me alone." I looked at him directly in his eyes so he could get my point.    "I'm just some object right? So leave I'll be here when you come back." He sighed and tried to grab my hand. I pulled away. "Not." I snapped, as I closed my locker and began to walk away.

"Fine. But I'm going to confront Chris and tell him to watch himself." I stopped in my tracks; is Kevin serious? Everybody in the school knows Chris doesn't take confrontation lightly. I turned around and walked towards Kevin.

"Don't do it. You know how that's going to end up." I said in a serious tone. I'm mad at Kevin, but I don't want him to get hurt. Plus, it's going to be awkward having to tutor someone who beat up my boyfriend.

"No. Everyone thinks I'm a softy." Kevin said lowly. "I have to set the record straight." Oh God, I groaned in my head while he walked off.

"Kevin... Don't do it!" I called after him. He didn't turn around and made me realize he's serious, all jokes aside type of serious.

I have to find Chris and beg him not to do anything to Kevin. It's probably going to be hard, because Kevin has a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut up. But that's still my boyfriend so I have to protect him...

"Miya, hey girl." Tyra greeted me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Tyra! Oh my Gosh!" I hugged her. "Kevin wants to go confront Chris and tell him to watch himself around me!" I cried out.

I know I didn't even say hi or anything to her, but this is something serious. I'm not really panicking, but at the same time I am...

"What? Why? What happened?" Tyra asked furrowing her eyebrows.

I explain to her exactly what happened detail to detail. Then I tell her what my plan was..."and that's crazy right?"

"Well we all know how confronting him ends. Tell Kevin not to do it." Tyra said, she as as serious as I am.