Chapter 56

Miya

>>

I keep pulling at the loose strands of my hair. The airport is filled with all kinds of people. I avoided the pushing and shoving of the runners. People were hugging and kissing passionately which I found a little disgusting, but yet a little cute.

Wow, can't believe I'm back home. I really can't wait to just go to sleep in my own bed. I guess I missed that the most. I don't know why but going home made me think of Sherrie. All the times I use to travel far away and when I would come back home it was a nonstop barking parade. She use to just run up to me, and I would tell her about my trip as if she could understand.

I still miss her, but thinking about her doesn't make me sad anymore. I think about the pleasant memories. I smile to myself, before reaching in my pocket to attend to my ringing phone.

I swipe to answer and press the phone to my ear. "Talk to me." I say in nonchalant tone.

"Miya, you're so corny." Tyra chuckles over the phone. I laugh as well, I can't wait to see her! Tyra is probably the only person, outside of my family, that I can curse out one day and be pressed to see the next. And right now I'm pressed to see her. "Come outside, I would get out and meet you halfway but I'm not trying to lose this parking space." She says.

"Okay, gotchu." I said. "Wait, don't hang up!" I don't want to have to call her again if I don't see her car, so she should just stay on the phone with me.

"Okay but you're—"

"Tyra!" I walk out of the airport and see her car. I hang up the phone and walk over to her with a big smile.

"Heyyy girl." She sings, getting out of the car. "How does it feel to be back in L.A miss mogul model?" She holds her phone as if it is a microphone towards me.

"Well, you know." I pretend to flip my hair, that's in a messy bun. "It feels good to be home, now I can't wait to just relax. Fashion week was pretty hectic this time around." I joke.

Tyra makes a face before bursting into laughter and I do the same. "No but for real, what's up? And let me get that for you." She grabs my luggage and throws it in the backseat. 

We get in the car, and I wait for her to put her seatbelt on before talking. "I had so much fun!" I held my face to keep from smiling so much. "But I missed you, and Angie and—oh yeah, where's Angie?"

"With Thomas. She wanted to come but she was saying that he doesn't always have free time and this is his free time, so yeah." Tyra explained.