Chapter 15 (Rewritten)

Thanks for 1k reads :)

Minor rewrite of this chapter towards the end. Don't really have to reread
Miya.

"But Chris..." I said as I backed away. Taking a deep breath and exhaling. "I still go out with Kevin." I looked at Chris with soft eyes. He turned around and took a deep breath. When he turned back around he looked so hurt. As if it was written all over his face.

My stomach was doing all kinds of flips and turns. I adjusted my bag on shoulder. "I'm sorry." I played with my fingers as I felt him come closer.

He lifted my chin with his two fingers. He then caressed my cheek, causing me to blush. Shoving his hands in his pockets as he smiled down at me.

"Don't apologize." He said shrugging. "Let me take you home." Chris grabbed my hand and lead the way to his car. The feeling of my hand in his warmed me up.

When we got to his car he opened the door for me as I got in. "You good?" Chris inquired as he too entered the car. I guess he noticed the look on my face.

He's acting so perfect. It's suspicious. I couldn't tell if he was being genuine or not. After putting on my seatbelt he proceeded to drive away from the library.

"I'm fine." I managed to say; looking out the window as my chin rested in the palm of my hand. Maybe he does like me, I thought. But why? He could have any girl. He basically had every girl. What made me different from the rest?

I was thinking to hard to realize that he turned into the McDonald's drive-thru. We were behind two other cars. I was waiting for him to ask me if I wanted something, I was going to deny it.

I wanted to forget that he likes me... I wanted him to be the same silly guy I was talking to; when we first began conversing. I wanted to believe that him liking me was impossible, but his eyes told me the truth. He just can't like me! What if I fall for him and he plays me? Or breaks my heart?

Chris made me feel different and I liked the feeling in a way, yet I'm afraid of it at the same time, it's  weird. Slowly driving up to order... I watched him as he ordered for the both of us. He ordered exactly what I wanted; ten piece Mcnuggets with medium fries and a medium Coke. I returned to the same position I was in before as I felt the car move up.

"Hold this for me quick." He instructed me, placing the food on my lap. I sat up straight and held it. The car soon was filled with the aroma of McDonald's. After he placed our drinks in the cup holders, he began to drive onto the highway. The silence was patronizing.

What was going through his head? Speak Chris! Speak!

I let out a sigh of frustration. He glanced over at me before looking straight ahead, at the road again.

Five minutes later we arrived in front of my house. Was this it? I looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Here..." He said grabbing the McDonald's bag. "Let me take my food out, you can keep yours in the bag." I furrowed my eyebrows as he took his burger and fries out of the bag, then wrapping it halfway as he handed it to me.

I slowly took it from him. I then grabbed my drink. I sat there waiting from him to talk. It had to be a point behind this. I shifted my eyes.

Chris cleared his throat, "You got it?" He didn't wait for me to answer as he reached over me and opened the car door; on my side. I had to leave.