Chapter 24

Chris.

  I turned over sheepishly, bringing the blanket with me. As I wrapped the blanket around my body I noticed Miya wasn't in bed. Instead she was rushing around, gathering things. Her dog barking and running across the room.

"Good morning." I said while stretching. She paused what she was doing and gave me a smile.

"Morning." She greeted me. "Aren't you going to get ready for school?"

School? I forgot all about that. I honestly didn't want to go to school today. Going up those stairs, rushing from classroom to classroom, and not to forgot all those assignments. I think I'll pass.

"I don't feel like it." I grumbled. I laid my head back on the pillow. "We should just stay here all day."

"We? Nuh-uh. I'm not going to skip again." She resumed looking through her closet for something.

"Come on. Just one more time." I begged. "One more time. Pretty please." The pitch of my voice rose as I held my hands together.

"No. You can't make me this time, I'm going to take Sherrie next door. Be ready by the time I come back."

I removed myself from bed, grumbling. I made my way to the bathroom.

Can't wait until I graduate, I thought, May can't come any sooner.

I grabbed my toothbrush and applied toothpaste. I stared at my reflection as I brushed my teeth. I ran my freehand across my jawline.

"Miya... you're dad got any unused razors, and shaving cream?" I asked, peering my head out of the bathroom. Then I spit the toothpaste out and resumed brushing.

"I'll check."

Once I finished brushing my teeth, I rinsed my toothbrush and placed it back where it was before. I walked out of the bathroom and searched around for Miya. Seeing that she wasn't in the bedroom, I strolled into the hallway.

"Ba-"

I was interrupted by Miya throwing the razor and shaving cream towards me. I caught it and cocked my head, looking at her wonderingly. Why was she such in a rush?

"Why're you rushing around like this?"

"School. I have to take Sherrie next door. Mainly school. You know we have a test today... We didn't even study." She says really fast.

"I have an idea, but you're not going to like it." I murmured.

I walked back into her bedroom and straight to the bathroom.

I figured Miya already left to take Sherrie next door. I stood in front of the mirror, scrolling through my phone. I was checking my messages when I was interrupted by Thomas calling. I answered and held the phone to my ear.

"Yo?"

"You coming to school?" He asked, through his munching and crunching .

"Uh... I don't know. I'm tired to be real."

"Ooh what was you doing?" He asked slyly. "Where you at anyway?"

"Nothing serious." Lies. "But... Bro you not about to believe what I'm about to tell you."

I was more excited than usual; most of the time when I get a girl I like I tell my people and brush it off afterwards. But Miya and I? I was super excited, smiling from ear to ear.

"What is it?"

"Guess who I go out with?" I tucked my bottom lip in as I began having flashbacks of yesterday.