Chapter 36

First things first, happy birthday to Aaliyah... R.I.P. baby girl

Miya

I walked around mindlessly. I didn't know what was bothering me, but I felt on edge. Constantly tugging on my sleeve as I tripped over corners of my room I didn't even know existed. My room was a mess matching my disheveled appearance.

Chris is suppose to pick me up in thirty minutes or so and I'm still in my regular pajamas. "What am I even looking for..." I mumbled to myself. I stopped my roaming around and fiddled with my hair. 

"Miya? Come downstairs!" My dad shouted, causing me to jump. I took a deep breath and exhaled, calming down my rapid pacing heart beat.

My phone. That's what I was looking for...

I dashed over to my purse and dumped everything out on the floor. I shuffled everything around and picked up my phone. Before I could put it on its charger, I glanced at the bag of weed on my floor and instantly went into panic mode.

I'm protecting Chris, but this was a not so great idea on my part. I grabbed the bag and stuffed it underneath my clothes in a drawer.

Good call, but I was still feeling panicky. I sat in the middle of my floor with my legs crossed. I sighed and rubbed my temples, feeling my head hurt and chest because of how fast my heart was beating.

My eyes focused on something in the corner, I pushed my eyebrows together and reached out for it. I held the pink plush toy in my hands. I squeezed it and cracked a smile realizing it was Sherrie's toy.

I chewed on my lip nervously and placed it on my disorganized dresser, adjusting it, making it the only neatly placed item on the surface.

Then suddenly my door swings open, I jumped feeling caught off guard."Miya, your dad is calling you." Tracy said abruptly.

"God." I sighed. I turned to look at her. "You can't knock?" I snarled.

"I was just calling you downstairs. No need for the early morning crankiness." She said in a soft tone.

"Who are you talking too? First of all you come in my room uninvited! No good morning! So I don't-" I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I tried to calm myself down but I felt an explosion working on the inside my chest.

"Well I apol-"

"For what?! Because there's a lot of things you've done."

Her face flushes and she slowly backs away, right before my dad barges in."What's the matter?" He quizzes.

Tracy looks at me then at my dad. She sighed. "I don't know Leroy, I try to warm up to Miya, but she just doesn't seem to care."  As if...

I furrow my eyebrows. "Don't try to make it seem like I'm a bad person." I snarl. I shift my eyes to my dad, waiting for him to back me up.

"Hey... Miya. That's enough. I told you about respecting Tracy." He said.
I stare at him, seconds away from a breakdown. He's taking her side once again. The way he towered over her as if he was her protecter, made my feeling alone by myself in this mini war. "But nowadays you seem just to care for yourself"

"Really... You're taking her side again?!" I shout. "Really? I th-thought..." I couldn't even getting my words out, feeling a lump in my throat. "I... I care about a lot of things! You... You don't care about h-how I feel!' I cried out and tears started streaming down my cheeks.

My dad slowly walked over to me with a puzzled look. "Babygirl... Are you alright?" He asked.

I shook my head and backed away. I couldn't even think straight. Hot tears ran down in sync and I didn't know what was wrong. I was angry at the both of them, with everything, with myself. "I don't- I don't want to talk! Leave me alone!" I cried, hiccuping between words.