Chapter 16 (Rewritten)

Chris & Miya in the mm
Minor rewrite of this. Don't really have to reread
Chris.

"What do you mean it's over?" Bianca shoved me. "Why? Like its just... Out the random."

I don't have an explanation for her. Should I just tell her: y'know I'm really feeling Miya so I need to be single and besides I was never really feeling you...? Nah. That's harsh.

"I don't know, I just feel like being single." I shrugged.

I glanced at the time on my phone. Damn I'm late for practice.

"You know what Chris you—forget it! Why did I even waste my time?" She turned around and stormed off.

And there it goes, for the next couple of weeks I'll be labeled the jerk of the school. I don't care though, because that's all they're going to do: just talk...

"Scott!" My coach barked. "Late. Again!"

I looked down at my sneakers. My teammates murmured, and when I looked up they began to laugh.

"Guess what team? Scott just earned y'all some laps around the school." He taunted.

An abrupt of murmurs, and kissing of the teeth filled the gym. "I told his stupid ass." Thomas said loud and clear.

"The hell is y'all still standing here for!" Coach shouted. "Go!" He blew his whistle.

My teammates cursed me out as they ran past me. I shrugged and ran alongside them.

I kept hearing music play from the cafeteria each time we ran by...

On our third lap, I stopped and caught my breath as I stood by the cafeteria. Peering my head in. "Modeling practice?" I asked myself.

I'm dying to see Miya.

The whole day she was silent, not wanting conversation with anyone. She told me that her and Kevin broke up. I was so ecstatic when she told me!

My eyes were looking everywhere for her... I didn't dare step in the cafeteria though. I was shirtless and didn't want Coach catching me in there and embarrassing me in front of everybody.

"Chris? You trying to earn us more laps? Come on!" Thomas said shoving me. I waved my finger at him. "Yo-"

"Cool it." I muttered, turning to face him. "I just want to see Miya and then I'll continue the laps..." Thomas was about to argue with me some more, when Desean ran up to us.

"Ya'll trying to earn us some more laps? We got like five minutes..." Desean said heavily breathing. I ignored him as I looked back in the cafeteria.

"I just... I'm looking for somebody." I softly spoke.

"Let's go in there." Desean said as he walked passed me. I grabbed him by his shirt and flung him back.

"Are you mentally stable?" I asked, letting go of his shirt. "You can't just stroll in there." I whispered yelled. I was more so worried about Miya seeing me.

"We could just slip in the back... Look they dimmed the lights. I know you want to see the models practicing come on..." Desean hit my shoulder cracking a smile. He straightened his face when he noticed I wasn't budging. "Well, I'm going in, I don't care." He announced, walking in the cafeteria.