Chapter 25

Thanks for 6k reads & 900 votes.
One love

Miya.

  I slouched in that blue sofa, the sofa I always sit on when I come to visit my mom. I anxiously waited for her to come out, glancing at my phone every other second.
My dad was outside on his phone, worrying about his business, Tracy sat next to me. I honestly felt awkward. I wanted to ask her if she saw me and Chris' little moment. I was terrified if she did, she would tell my dad. Why was I even scared? What would he even do?

Deep breaths, deep breaths.

Glancing at my phone once more, Chris still didn't text me back.

"Hey beautiful, plus one." I heard my mother's voice. I looked up to see her walking towards me with open arms. I smiled and returned her greeting. I excepted her to hug Tracy, but no she sat down and crossed her legs looking at us. And I'm the rude one.

"Hey um... Hey girl." My mom waved her hand, but it was barely a wave it looked like she was waving off a fly.

"Tracy. My name is Tracy." She smiled, trying not to sound annoyed.

"Leroy." My mom pursed her lips looking at my dad as he waltzed in.

"Diana." He said, returning the same tone my mother gave to him, he sat down next to Tracy, while I sat on the other side of her.

  This was going to be stressful. I don't think my chest can endure this tension in the room. No one was going to say anything of course, it was like a giant elephant stood right in between us; but none of us dared to retort or say anything about it.

"Well, let me cut to the chase." My mom began as she took a deep breath. She meet my eyes and smiled. "Okay, so I've been doing very well as you know, well Miya knows because she's the only one that visits me." She glared at my dad before continuing on. "They told me I have a chance to leave early as next week and-"

"Who is they?" My dad snapped, finally taking a break from his email checking.

"Miya baby, come sit next to me you're third wheeling." My mom spoke as she patted the cushion next to her. I awkwardly got up and sat next to her, she held my hand and smiled at me.

"Diana I asked you a question. Who is they?" My dad spat.

"Who you think?! The people in charge of this place duh!"

She calmed herself down and  looked at me. "I can't wait until we have hours and hours to talk babygirl! Any advice you need-"

"Advice? Please." My dad scoffed. "Help yourself before you-"

"Dad." I growled. I am very aware of my mom and how she has been through a lot of complications, but my dad wasn't even giving her a chance.

"It's okay Miya, some people are just always bitter. But... How's y'know?" She smiled creepily as I laughed. I told my mom that Chris and I are an item now, trusting she wouldn't tell a soul.

"Fine." I said smiling. "Everything is great right now, oh my gosh. I just realized if you come home you can come to my graduation! Help me with prom and all that!"
My mother joined me in squealing, while Tracy and my dad just looked at us. Haters.

"Um, we'll discuss about where you'll stay, but Miya lets go you have school tomorrow and-" My phone started ringing, interrupting my dad. I glanced at it and saw Chris' name appear. After letting it ring three times I answered.

"Hello?"

"Baby?" Chris cooed through the phone. I bit my lip, to hold from smiling as my dad stared right at me. "You still want me to come? It's like 7:00."