Chapter 21

Chris.

"Alright... The bell is about to ring." I softly spoke as I inched away from Miya. I analyzed her, waiting for her to speak.

Instead, she walked away from me and went to the direction of the flowers; that were scattered all over the floor. Leaning on the wall, I watched her scoop up the flowers. My heart was still racing from the kiss we shared a moment ago. She squatted down to pick up the last flower.

She stood up straight and I walked over. Slowly, I grabbed the flowers from her.

"I'll be trashing these." I announced. A chuckle escaped her lips. Raising my hand to caress her cheek, "you're the cutest—" the bell rung, dismissing my compliment.

"I'll be at my locker, if you need me." Miya said cheerfully, getting on her tip toes to plant a kiss on my cheek. A few people saw, but they didn't really react to it. I turned around to watch her walk away.

  I walked into the cafeteria with the flowers in my hand. A few people spoke to me, greeting me. I gave them a simple head nod and made my way right to the trash can. Dumping the flowers, as the cafeteria became empty... A few people walking around. I felt a pair of eyes on me. I glanced right before catching Kevin's glare. I looked at him waiting for him to speak. I don't have time... I turned around on my heels and walked out of the cafeteria and into the busy hallway.

Usually, I would stand around with Thomas and a few other friends after lunch. Today I'm going to go straight to Miya.

  I slowed down my pace as I got near her. I put my index finger to my lips, making sure Tyra and Angie weren't going to giveaway that I was behind her. I slipped my hands on her waist and bent down to rest my head on her shoulder.

"Hey..." I cooed in her ear.

"Oh my—" Her adorable giggle interrupted her sentence. "So we sneaking up on each other now?"

I stood up straight walking around to face Miya. We both stared at each other smiling in awe. I wanted to grab her and kiss her soft plump lips once again, but I wasn't sure if she would be comfortable with me, doing that in front of her friends.

"Ty..." Miya said softly, as she slowly broke away from our gaze and looked at Tyra. "You got my phone right?"

"Oh, yeah." Tyra reached in her purse and handed Miya her phone. "So what's up with Kevin?" She inquired. Miya pursed her lips and looked as if she was thinking, then blandly shrugged.

"He can go somewhere." Angie snarled. Tyra and Miya snickered, I joined them only to chuckle under my breath. "I'm like dead serious. With his dollar store flowers..."

"Get out!" Tyra exclaimed as she bursted into laughter.

"I'm being for real!" Angie said in between laughs. "He thought he was doing something- "

"Angie you're so mean." Miya spoke softly. "At least he was trying."

  I wanted to ask her why she was defending him. It was me and her now, why is she defending him? I let that minor problem escape my mind as Tyra began to speak.

"Girl." Tyra then kissed her teeth. "But anyway I'm going to class, don't want to be late. Come on Angie..."

"No, I want to stay and watch them interact they're so cut-"

"Come on..." Tyra yanked Angie away. Angie waved us goodbye. I smiled waving back. The hallway soon was becoming empty by the second. Once Miya gathered her things, I closed her locker for her.

"Chris. What are-"

"Can we leave? Let's go somewhere..." I sung, grabbing her hand. She scrunched up her nose.