Chapter 70.1

PART 1/2
Excuse errors.

Miya

Making a deal out of nothing is my speciality. And I overflow in stress when the situation is actually something to make a big deal out of. My eyes concentrated on my nails. While my mind played scenarios of what I didn't want to happen...

I sighed, and glanced at Angie who's leaning over the counter on her phone. I tapped my freshly done, gold glitter, nails on the glass and looked at my face in the small mirror. I stared at my reflection, looking at my hair that's up in big purple rollers. I titled my head towards the left to view my highlight.

"Here you go, and your change is $5.36." The brown skinned girl handed me my MAC bag.

"Thank you." I say, accepting the paper bag from her. I look inside it to see my lipstick, lip liner, and gloss in the bag; along with my receipt. "Come on Ang." I nudge her.

We walk out of the Macy's, and Angie walks straight towards the Auntie Annie's. We're suppose to be on our way to the nail salon to see if Tyra's done, but she's been grumbling she's hungry since we walked in the Macy's. I laugh thinking about it.

"Tyra just texted the groupchat, she said she's almost done." Angie says, showing me her phone as if I'm not in the groupchat. I saw the text before she did.

"I'm aware ma'm." I mumble. We move up in line.

Angie adjusts the bonnet on her head. "Can I get the regular pretzel, with um a lemonade?" She says.

And we wait...

I've been zoned out since the morning. Constant are you okay's had came and gone like the wind. Honestly, I tried to act like I was okay but my facial expression contradicted my words. It's just a little unbelievable that I'm going to prom with Chris. A little over a month ago going to prom with Chris meant the world and more, now it's like going to prom with him is just—I feel like I'm pushing the hurt aside but then at the same time I want to go with him. And nobody else—which seems like I want him. But I know that I don't need him for my well being.

All that negativity, but I still said yes. Why? Who knows...

Besides, all my friends have dates and me going alone? A definite no. It's completely bogus that going as friends is even something we agreed on. I can't be friends with him and he can't be friends with me. Simply because, you can't be friends with someone you loved in that way—for him, genuinely have feelings for—it just can't happen.

But I'll try.

Through my corrupt thoughts, Angie talked on and on... I couldn't even respond back because I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. We walked towards the nail salon to find Tyra walking out. We met up halfway.

"Nice color." I say, quickly glancing at her bright violet nails.

"Thanks." Tyra smiles. "Y'all look cute."

"Thanks! Now let's go!" Angie exclaims. "You guys will never believe what happened to me yesterday." She says over dramatically as we walked past stores. "Wait I already told Miya, so Tyra, girl."

She already told me what? I furrowed my eyebrows and tried  to rememeber. Well... Oh well. Maybe it's not important.

"So I'm on my period right, and I told Thomas, because you know we had plans after prom and—" she cuts herself off with a chuckle.