Chapter 46

Surprise update *wink wink* cause y'all deserve this shiiiiittt, cause y'all all loayalllllll! All this love y'all giving me, I <3 you.

Miya

Saturday was tiresome. Tyra and Angie kept me company after my function. Which was cool, it was good having their jokes cheer me up.
Sunday was interesting, today. Therapy went pretty well. There I kind of felt like I got some stuff out of the way. Mrs. Hall says a few more sessions and she can tell I'm getting better. Which is great.

I sat down, in front of my computer desktop. This valedictorian speech will be the death of me. I can't focus. For the most part the speech is going well, I just have to add some personal experiences and that's definitely going to be hard. I sighed and decided to check my phone. I replied to Tyra and Angie, bypassing Chris' text.

To say I'm avoiding Chris is a crazy idea, okay maybe I am, just a little. I think I went overboard with my assumptions of where he was during the night of my show. But it seems like he doesn't care, about anything. Lately, again maybe I'm thinking overboard, but I don't feel like he cares about me the way he use to.

I pushed the idea out my head as fast as it came in. Like Taylor Swift said I need to shake it off.

Monday please be good to me, I mentally prayed to myself as I got ready. Chill day it is I guess, I threw on the first outfit I could find and I was out.

I rode with Tyra and Angie to school just because. Chris and I are good, but I don't feel like talking to him at the moment. I kept overthinking situations and seeing him and hearing him sweet talk me is only going to get me upset, it's pretty dumb how I'm thinking but I can't change my way of thinking.

"Okay... So I'm thinking about what hairstyle I should get for prom." Angie says. "I want to get faux locs but at the same time some inches would probably look good." She leans on the locker next to mine as I empty out my bag.

"You should get faux locs. I don't think anybody's going with that hairstyle, so you'll stand out." I said.

"And get black, it'll look good." Tyra joins in. Angie nods agreeing with us. "But I have to go talk to my cheer coach, so I'll see y'all at lunch." And Tyra leaves dashing off, after we said our goodbyes.

"Yeah, I got to talk to my teacher about my grade so I gotta go too. Bye sexy." Angie smiles, and gives me a hug.

"Bye." I coo. And with that I'm alone. I look in the mirror, that's in my locker, and fluff my hair. I wonder what type of hairstyle I'm going to wear to prom. Matter fact what dress. I have to start looking for dresses.

I slip my phone out of my pocket and open the notes app, typing in: Look for prom dress. And I have to remember to ask Chris about prom too, so we can color coordinate. Even though I'm kind of upset with him now, I still want us to look good. Besides this little issue will blow over soon.

"Hey Miya." A husky voice greets.

I look up to see David. He leans over me with a wide smile. I give him the meanest face, because I am not in the mood for his creepiness today. "Bye." I roll my eyes.

"Oh we not cool?" He says with a sad face. "What happened? Why are you sad?"

"I'm not sad... Just stressed—which is none of your business. Don't worry about me I have a boyfriend for that." I said.

"Woah, ain't nobody said anything about—okay look-"

"No, don't even fake. You keep grabbing on me and that's not cool. And-" I take a deep breath. I need to calm down, I'm taking my anger out on the wrong person. "Sorry, never mind, forget what I said."