Well... This Is Awkward (3)

I woke up with a pounding headache and groaned before squeezing my eyes shut.

“Do you feel like shit?”

I opened my eyes slightly and peered up at Maame who was standing over me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Kevin called me to watch over you.” She replied grinning.

“He must be so annoyed with me.” I groaned.

“That’s your fault for getting completely drunk in a random club.” She sang.

“Please shut up.” I said wincing.

“Get up; I’ve cooked you a full English.” She told me before leaving the room.

I stumbled into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. When I got downstairs, I felt slightly refreshed and a little better about facing the day. I sat down at the kitchen table and started to eat my breakfast.

“What did they say after I left?” I asked.

“I don’t know; my dad told me to leave right after your brother shouted at them. I think he wanted to convince them not to force you into this.” She told me.

“So did he?” I asked excited but Maame shook her head.

“I’m sorry Nay.” She apologised.

“It’s not your fault.” I replied offering a weak smile.

“I have to go now but I’ll talk to you later okay?” She said to me before rushing out of the door.

I thought that my parents would leave me until the very end of the week. They wouldn’t care about what I did until the engagement was made public right? Wrong. An hour after I’d finished my breakfast, my mum showed up at my brother’s house with a big smile on her face.

“Sweetie, there’s no need to stay here and hassle your brother. You know he’s a very busy man. Come back home.” She told me and I rolled my eyes.

“I didn’t ask to stay here, he offered and I don’t even want to be in the same room as you guys.” I replied annoyed.

“Honey-” She started but I cut her off.

“Don’t ‘honey’ me. Slavery end almost one hundred and eighty years ago yet you’re selling me off as one right now!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t be so dramatic Naomi.” My mum chided.

“I’m not; you’re ruining my life just purely for show for the media. You didn’t even ask me what I thought about it which I think is just common courtesy since it’s my life that you’re screwing up.” I told her.

“Now I want you to leave.” I continued before she could even reply.

She frowned at me for a while as if she was disappointed in my response before walking out of the door.

I sighed and flopped down into a nearby chair. I pulled out Kevin’s laptop to check my emails and talk to some friends. When I opened my emails, I saw an urgent email from Maame. I furrowed my eyebrows thinking what could be so urgent that she wouldn’t call me but would send in an email. I opened it and saw that there was a link to a website attached. I clicked on it and my jaw dropped. There was a picture of Luca carrying me in his arms from last night.

“This cannot be happening.” I said aloud raising my eyes to the heavens.

The caption read; ‘Rumours of Luca being off the market are true.’ I typed up mine and Luca’s name on Google and a load of results showed up. ‘Is this the reason Amoroso and Williams are ending their feud?’