Well... This Is Awkward (9)

The day had been ridiculously long. My mum woke me up at a ridiculous time and took me two hours from my house to spend a day at a spa resort. I got so annoyed but it was pretty relaxing. I got waxed, steamed and pressed. I actually fell asleep during the massage but then after the while, I think the masseuse got annoyed and put those hot stones on my back earlier than expected.

After all that, I was sent off to the hairdressers to fix my hair. My mum dropped me off half an hour before the launch party. She had pushed me into the shower and by the time I came out, she was gone. The only trace of her being there was the dress that was laid on my bed. I quickly put on the dress and the heels and hurried out to my car to find a guy waiting at the side of my car.

“Ms Williams, I will be driving you to the party. Your mum didn’t want you to waste time changing shoes.” He told me and I recognised him as one of the workers at the company.

I didn’t like being late but I wasn’t alone. I arrived outside the building and I saw Maame walking up from down the street. I waved and grinned at her.

“Look at you.” She commented and I pulled a face.

“You know I don’t feel comfortable with these kinds of dresses.” I told her. The skirt was high at the front and long at the back. (AN: Don’t you love my descriptive skills)

“You look absolutely gorgeous!” She exclaimed.

“You too.” I replied.

She was wearing a one shoulder emerald dress with an elasticated bubble hem that came up mid thigh. She also wore green suede platform pumps and a lot of accessories.

“Let’s go in.” I announced and led the way inside.

I walked through the crowd looking for a familiar face. I didn’t mind hanging around with Luca but I would have to start the act. My eyes landed on Luca and I grinned despite myself. It’s just my luck to find him first out of all the people I know in this place. Ah well, it was bound to happen. I made my way slowly over to him pulling Maame along with me slightly in the beginning. I let go of her hand when I got close to Luca and threw my hands around his neck and kissed him. I felt him getting in to it and gripping me tightly around the waist so I pulled away to tease him.

I stepped back to quickly take in what he was wearing. Damn, he’s looking hot today! He was wearing a grey suit with a light blue tie. I looked into his eyes and bit my lip. His eyes twinkled as he grinned. I moved in closer to him inhaling his sweet and tantalising scent.

“Wait until you get home to do this kind of stuff please.” Maame’s voice cut in.

Luca jumped looking slightly startled. I shook my head to clear off the haze of whatever trance I was in.

“When did you get here Maame?” Luca enquired.

“I came in with Nay but you were too busy mentally undressing her to notice.” She told him smiling cheekily.

I slapped her arm but Luca grinned unabashedly.

“What do you expect?” He replied slinging his arm around my shoulders.

“I’m going to have to agree with you there cous.” A guy standing next to Lili chimed in.

“Who’s this?” I enquired looking him up and down. He was tall like Luca, with the same dark hair and light eyes.

“Antonino. I’m Luca’s cousin.” He told me.

“Is it alright if I call you Nino?” I asked.

“You can call me whatever you want cara.” He replied winking and I felt Luca stiffen.

“Cara is so overused. I prefer cucciola mia anyway.” I whispered in his ear and he turned to grin at me.