Well... This Is Awkward (7)

“Well first, I know that you used to have a new woman on your arm every week and you haven’t for the past few months... do you have a girlfriend?” I asked him nervously.

“No, I’ve just been really busy with work.” He replied with a tiny smile.

Moving on swiftly.

“Well I was thinking, if you want to blow off some steam and meet up with a girl, I could go with you to a nightclub and then instead taking the girl to a hotel, maybe limit yourself to a quickie in the toilets?” I suggested biting my lip because I sounded absolutely ridiculous and lowered my eyes.

Well at least this should make him a little happy about the marriage.

He didn’t look too pleased when I looked up though.

“Do you have a boyfriend? Are you going to be meeting someone at the same time?” He asked.

“No; I’ve never had a boyfriend. You’re my first tesoro.” I added with a wink.

“You haven’t had a boyfriend ever?” He asked looking surprised.

“I didn’t really have time for all that crap. I had to study really hard to get all the knowledge I need to manage this company.” I replied.

“Wow.” He simply said.

“Oh and don’t worry; I’m not going to be meeting anyone at the club. I’m going to be married to you so I won’t be seeing anyone else.” I told him.

“I was just wondering.” He mumbled.

“I don’t know if your parents have told you already but we have to move in together by the end of this week. I don’t have a house so I hope you don’t mind me moving in here.” I told him awkwardly.

“Those guys really want this to be authentic. We don’t really have a choice in the matter but no I don’t mind.” He replied.

“I noticed that you’re head of advertisement. You’re responsible for all those who made the new amazing posters and leaflets right?” I asked smiling.

“Well yeah I guess.” He replied.

“You guess? What are you not telling me?” I demanded narrowing my eyes.

“Nothing.” He said but he was lying; I could tell.

“It’s not good to keep secrets in a marriage caro.” I teased but he didn’t say anything more. I sighed as I realised it was a lost cause.

“I’ll find it out sooner or later.” I remarked smiling trying to ease the tension that was started to build up.

“I know how we’re going to announce our engagement.” He spoke up.

“Really? Did your parents tell you?” I enquired.

“No but it’s kinda obvious.” He replied.

“I feel really stupid right now.” I told him.

“You’re probably over thinking it. We’re going to do it at the launch party; there’s going to be a load of clients, paparazzi and a good theme of unity going on, one that’s so overwhelming that I’ll drop down on one knee and propose to you.” He explained smiling.

“I wasn’t expecting this at all.” I gushed placing a hand over my mouth and fanned the non-existent tears that were threatening to fall down my face. Luca chuckled and I joined in with him.

“You know when we’re married; we’ll actually have to go to places together?” He said.

“Yeah of course. You’re not getting rid of me that easily honey.” I replied laughing.