Chapter 8: Hate to Love you

My heart was pounding so fast I thought it was going to jump out of my chest. John's hands squeezed my waist, reminding me that I had to answer his question. "U-u-um" I stuttered, "I came here to have fun," I said this quietly, knowing that he would be able to hear me. "Did you come here by yourself?" He growled in my ear. "No, I didn't" I answered back, starting to get really annoyed by his attitude. I tried to get out of his hold on me but he was too strong, he just held on tighter. "Can you please let go of me!" I said really irritated. His hand loosened, and I spun around and used my finger to poke at his chest "what are you doing here?!! You told me that you weren't going to be here till next week, so don't you go growling at me when you're the liar in this situation." I turned away from him and tried to get off the dance floor, but John was quicker, he grabbed my hand in his and pulled me after him, shoving people out of his way.

He took me outside and dragged me towards his new gold Mercedes. "Where are you taking me?" I said angrily, trying very hard not to trip. "Home" He grunted. he opened the door to the passenger seat and glared at me till I got in. I so desperately wanted to punch him in the face, I absolutely hate when he uses his strength against me. "I don't want to go home yet I just got here, and besides, I came here with Emily so it only makes sense that I leave with her too," I said once he'd gotten into the car. I really don't understand why he has to treat me like I'm a little kid, I'm 17 years old! I'm practically an adult!

John took a deep breath and started the car, pulling it out of the parking lot and started to drive in the direction of home. He then pulled out his phone dialling a number that I couldn't see. "Noah, you there?" said John, and since John had his Bluetooth in his ear I couldn't hear Noah's reply, But I'm guessing he said yes because John continued to speak. "I need you to go downstairs and find Emily, she's at the club too...Yeah, I have Claire with me...you can either take her upstairs where it's safer or take her home...Okay, thanks..."

The car becomes silent for a while after John hangs up the phone, and I think it's for the best because I know if I open my mouth very unpleasant things will be said, and I think it's best to not make John angry while he's driving.

About 30 minutes into the drive home, John clears his throat and glances at me quickly before putting his eyes back on the road. "You look very nice." My mouth drops open and I just stare at him. "Are you kidding me?" I whisper harshly "I look hot, and you know it. I can't believe you just called this nice." gesturing to my gorgeous dress. "You could have said beautiful, but no you went with nice," I said imitating his voice at the end. "Did you know I just came here to have some fun and let loose, but you never let me do that, you're always trying to protect me but I CAN PROTECT MYSELF!!" I yelled at him, I was so angry I didn't even want to talk anymore, so I just shook my head and turned to look out the window.

"I'm sorry you feel that I always ruin your fun, but I had seen the faces of the men who laid eyes on you, and I did not want any one of them to touch you, So I got you out of there," said John calmly, and when I looked at him he actually looked pleased with himself. "Was that an apology? because if it was it sucked, I'm still mad at you." I said angrily. "How come Emily didn't have to leave huh? Why did I have to? And I thought you were still on campus, what were you doing at Fridays anyway? How did you even know I was there?" I said completely confused, But I think he'd had enough of my questions because he quickly pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the car very aggressively.

He turned to look at me and growled "Since the day I met you I've protected you, so don't you dare ask me to stop now, You are very important to me and I wasn't about to risk your safety and my peace of mind so you could have a "night of fun". I've always told you that no matter where you are I'll be able to find you, you need to remember that." John takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, obviously trying to calm down. "Claire, things are going to start changing now that you're 17, your wolf is going to emerge, and I'm not going to lie, I'm scared that it's going to happen when I'm not there and that thought drives my wolf and I crazy, so bear with me please. Okay?" I hate that I love him, I think I always have but now it's a different type of love than when we were younger. My heart feels so full with love for him right now because of his confession all I can do is look at him and nod, because I know that If I even try to speak I'll be opening a can of worms, I'm just not ready for right now.

John relaxes at my nod and we continue the drive home in thoughtful silence.

A/N

Please Vote and comment