Chapter 41: You got that?

Claire's POV

Claire! Claire! Claire! Wake up! Claire wake up! Wake up Claire!

My eyes shoot open to the darkness. It takes me a second to remember that I'm in my room, John sleeping soundly beside me. I sit up groggily, trying to understand what woke me up.

Something was calling me I'm sure of it" I think to myself, I remove the covers off my body and head towards the window in my room. A shiver roles down my spine as I touch the windowsill.

As I open the window, the wind rushes towards me.
"Claire! Claire! must follow! must come!" The wind whispers.

What's going on, I say under my breath looking outside, trying to see if there is anything amiss. As I scan the area my gaze locks on the section of the forest that is closest to the edge of the boarder of the pack .

"Trouble Claire! Danger!" The wind calls to me one final time, and then there is just silence. The type of silence that is threatening and promises death, a quiet that is so haunting the sounds of your breath start to scare you. Even if the wind didn't wake me, the silence would have, for something scary this way comes and if you pay close enough attention you can hear the warnings of the universe.

I quietly slip out of the room, I consider waking John up for a second but I don't know what I'm about to walk into or see, and he can be unpredictable, I don't want to make a bad situation wor-

An arm circles around my waist, interrupting my train of thought and pulls me back into the room, against their warm chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" John rumbles, his lips pressed against my ear, causing a different kind of shiver down my back.

Claire! There is no time for this! We need to go see what's happening!" My wolf growls at me, snapping me into action.

I whirl around to look John in the eye "I need to check on something at the border, I'll be right back you st-"

"Like hell I am, if you want to step foot outside this house at this time, then I'm either coming with you or you're not going at all" He glares at me, and I glare at him right back! Who does he think he is making demands of me!

"Your mate" says my wolf sassily, oh hush you! Rolling my eyes internally, focusing my attention back on John

"John! I-"

"You have two options and only one of them gets you out of the house, so what's it going to be?" John looks so determined, I know this is a battle I'm not going to win, so I relent.

"Fine" I sigh, my shoulders sagging "you can follow me, but John you need to remain calm, I get this feeling we really aren't going to like what we are about to see, but we can't make any rash decisions, patience is needed here, patience and silence. You got that?" I look up at him expectantly, waiting for an answer or some kind of acknowledgment, but in proper John fashion he does something I wasn't expecting and thus couldn't prepare myself for.

John leans down towards me and places his lips by my favourite place, and nips at my ear with his teeth, and then holds it hostage, not allowing me to move and making me breathe so hard, I fear waking the whole house up.

"I got that" he growls "just be mindful of your time, I'm your unmated mate and my control with you is hanging by a thread" he pulls his head back until his lips are a breath away from mine. " you keep talking to me like that, and you will quickly find yourself on the mated side of this situation" he gives me a quick peck on my lips, "you got that?" He smirks,

I nod softly, completely transfixed by all that is him.

"Okay then" he says leaning back, standing up to his full height, "lead the way, my love". John says all smug like, gesturing towards the door.

And since we've already wasted so much time already, I just turned around, grabbed his hand and head out the door.

A/N

Hey y'all decided to post the next chapter for all those writing to see what will happen next, the book is coming to a close soon which is great cause it's been a long time coming!!

If you want the next chapter in the month of September then... I need to see at least 15 comments about what y'all are thinking about the book so far!!!

Thank you guys for staying with The King's Luna for so long! Appreciate you so much!