Chapter 17: Opened

How is this happening? How can I hear you, when I haven't even shifted yet? I am so confused.

"Well, it's not that difficult to understand. Since I am a part of you, I know and understand the situation we are in, so I also know what's best for us, and that is not shifting in a fit of rage. I decided that I was going to tell you of my presence when you stoped having this pity party, and finally decided to save yourself." I hate how she sounds so matter a fact about the whole situation, like the choice was an easy one to make, but I didn't call her out on it. There was one thing though that I didn't understand.

"How can I understand you so clearly, you talk like an actual human instead of an animal, and if I remember correctly, most wolves talk to their other half in broken english, so..."

"That's easy enough to answer, I am simply a smart wolf, that's all it is."

I rolled my eyes at her arrogance, but I still couldn't contain the smile that was forming on my face. I was so happy that I was no longer alone, and iy gave me one less thing to worry about.

"So how are you going to help me get out of here?"

"I'm going to help you end Zachary's existence" she growled, and I shivered at the thought. It hadn't occurred to me at all that I was going to have to end someone's life, I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it.

"Well you have no choice, I don't see this ending any other way!" I was mentally exhausted, arguing with my wolf was exhausting, but I had to try to get her to understand why.

"Who am I to take a life, when I'm not the one who gave it?" I don't think I have it in me to kill him, it's not who I am.

I waited patiently for her reply but I got nothing. I could still feel her there within me, but she was withdrawn, thinking about what I had said. I looked down and saw my now cold, bowl of food. Today it was tomato soup, with some green thing floating around. I picked up my spoon and slowly began to eat.

After about the sixth spoon, the door creaked open again, and in came Zachary with his cruel smirk firmly in place. The door slammed shut behind him. I flinched and bowed my head so my eyes were glued to the floor.

"Don't act shy with me" he sneered, I could hear the soft thud of his footsteps as he slowly approached me.

"Show me those pretty eyes of yours, like you did to Ben."

My heart stopped, and I suddenly forgot how to breathe, What does he know? Has he caught on? Is this the end for me?

"Let's kill him now!"

"Shut up!"

"Oh, did you forget about the cameras placed in your room, or did you think that I wouldn't care if you spoke to one of my men, Huh!!!" He walked a bit closer. "I SAID LOOK AT ME!" my head jerked up and my eyes connected with his, and an idea jumped in my head. I could take away his anger, but then I wouldn't have much time to leave.... I have to try.

I immediately formed a connection with him through our eyes. I sifted through his memories and I found the quickest route out of hear, I also could see that he had ordered all of his men to take the night off for tomorrow... I started to search more quickly inside his memories and plans, because I had another idea, and this one was going to be successful. Instead of taking his anger away today, I could just make him forget to lock all the doors in this place, and literally walk out, so that's what I did.

I took every memory and thought, that pushed him to lock doors and when he was pretty much cleaned out, I slowly retreated from his mind. Just in time to see his hand arch back as it was about to connect with my face.

Thwack!

The force of the hit made me fly backwards onto my back, hitting the ground with a hard force. I moaned in pain. "Sit back up! From now on, I don't want to hear a word come out of that mouth of yours, do you understand?"
"Yes M-" Before I could even finish my sentence I was slapped again.

Thwack!!

I cradled my face in my hands, as it throbbed in pain, it hurt so bad I couldn't even cry.

"Not a word!" He growled, and stalked out of the room in a rage. I waited a couple of minutes, after he left, to get up. Not wanting to be caught on camera, I shuffled slowly to the wall closest to the door, then i practically hugged the wall until i got to the door silver knob.

I placed my hands on it ever so slowly,

took a deep breath, and turned the knob.

It opened.

A/N

Hey people! I am so sorry about the slow updates, i am trying to find a balance between writing and homework, but i think i have finally got it. I'll try to update ever 5-7 days.

Thanks so much for reading this book, please comment and vote.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, For all my Canadians out there!!

- Cloecuti